My Xbox 360 controller isn't being registered

ryan.gilbert9000

My Xbox 360 controller isn't being registered

Post by ryan.gilbert9000 »

I have a charging cable that i just plugged into my PC and my controller. when i try to make the button layout for A,X,B, and Y by pushing those buttons, nothing happens, i assume a square is suppose to appear but it doesn't. It doesn't work for the analog sticks or any other button i guess my computer can't even register the controller... i need some help :|

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: My Xbox 360 controller isn't being registered

Post by SGTCableDog »

You must use the wireless receiver for windows if you have a wireless 360 controller.

thornley.chad

Post by thornley.chad »

So I have the wireless gaming receiver hooked up, drivers installed and everything... thing is, Xpadder won't locate it, and windows itself doesn't pull it up in the "Game Controllers" section either. Is there something that I'm missing?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the Start menu and type in the search bar "joy.cpl" (for WindowsXP, click on "Run..." and type joy.cpl"), then press Enter to open the Game Controllers Control Panel.
Is there your Xbox360pad listed?

heliol333

Post by heliol333 »

I have an xbox 360 wireless controller. I've used it with a couple of games that have compatibility built in, but this program won't recognize it. I've spent almost an hour now trying to figure out how to get it to work. I've seen a post saying that you're supposed to have 3 devices listed for it under the device manager, but I only have the "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows" and nothing under the "Human Interface Devices" section that goes away when I uninstall the receiver driver and unplug it. And nothing new pops up when I re-plug it in and the receiver driver re-downloads, even though I'm hooked up to the internet. I'm not even sure that that pertains to wireless controllers. So why isn't xpadder detecting my controller?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The wireless version of the Xbox360pad should also have these three entries. These three entries plus drivers for the receiver.

Have a look for the Xbox360pad under "Devices and Printers". If it is there (it should be) double click it and open the second tab in the new window. There should be these three entries listed. If not, double click on the entry "Xbox360 controller for Windows", open the second tab in the new window (Drivers), click on the button "Uninstall", check to deleted the driver software and click OK.
Now disconnect reconnect your wireless receiver or remove and replug the battery pack of the controller.

mattg568

Post by mattg568 »

Is your wireless Xbox 360 controller synced to your Xbox 360 wireless receiver for Windows? To synchronize controller and receiver, I believe you have to press and hold the button on the receiver until the receiver's LED starts blinking. Then you press the sync button on the controller. It's rather small and hard to see, but it's on the top of the controller right next to the play & charge connector port.

I recently purchased the Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows and while the receiver came with the controller, I had to sync them together manually.

Return to “Cannot find controller”