Xpadder keeps disappearing help

snowdemonsrx

Xpadder keeps disappearing help

Post by snowdemonsrx »

Hello, I have Windows 8.1 pro and Xpadder keep disappearing even tho I have it pinned to the taskbar, Its has happened twice in the 3 weeks I've had it most annoying, I have to go download it again, get the controller image and setup it all over again! is there a permanent solution so this never disappears again?

3phase

Re: Xpadder keeps disappearing help

Post by 3phase »

mine keeps disapearing too, i found that by putting the icon into my documents i can double click and it comes back with my same settings

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, you have to move the Xpadder.exe somewhere else. I suppose Internet Explorer clears the downloads folder every once and a while and pinning a program on the taskbar is actually only creating a shortcut and not moving actual file there.
Have a look at installation manual for more information.

snowdemonsrx

Post by snowdemonsrx »

So how do i unpin it and move it safely without losing it again?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You don't need to unpin it it.

Right click the task bar short cut, right click on "Xpadder" in the opening context menu and click on "Properties". Under "Target:" you'll see where the Xpadder.exe is currently located, open this path. To move Xpadder you need to make sure that it isn't running, check the notification area for that as explained here. Then move the Xpadder .exe together with the Xpadder config file (.ini) and perhaps already created controller layouts and profiles (if not located under my documents) to the new location.
Now change the "Target:" path of the taskbar shortcut to the new path or alternatively right click->unpin program from taskbar and pin the Xpadder.exe from the new location again.

If you needed to move the controller layout, you'll once need to open it manually.
If you use the "Start with Windows" function, also make sure to start Xpadder once before rebooting so it can update the auto start path.

snowdemonsrx

Post by snowdemonsrx »

Thank you all, I got it moved and now can configure all my games with ease.

Return to “Cannot find Xpadder!”