Dual Shock 2 / 3 - Setting up analogue sticks properly

Nibinaear

Dual Shock 2 / 3 - Setting up analogue sticks properly

Post by Nibinaear »

I've installed xpadder, followed the guides and have it all working great. It's rare to install hardware and software and that happen. I'm doing this with a Dual Shock 2 at the moment.

The only issue I have is that the analogue sticks are only 4-way and that doesn't work well in World of Tanks. I can either drive forward or drive left but no both at the same time. It doesn't seem to know anything in between. How do I set this up properly please?

Also, I've noticed that it's possible on the mouse to turn very quickly and look behind you, but it doesn't do this on the analogue sticks, is there a way of achieving this?

Edited: I think I might have put this in the wrong place, please move if wrong.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Dual Shock 2 / 3 - Setting up analogue sticks properly

Post by Primal Fear »

Click on the toll symbol near one of the sticks and then click on "Settings...", to open the stick settings.
It looks now a little bit different in the current version.

If the "Mode" is configured to "Standard", Xpadder should automatically emulate for example W and A when the stick is in the gray upper left area. If you have selected "4-Way Standard", Xpadder should act exactly like you describe.

Nibinaear

Post by Nibinaear »

Thanks, will look at these settings now. Is there any way of simulating the way the mouse works? It's hard to explain if you've not played WOT but essentially you can look around at any angle with only a single mouse movement and still use the mouse for aiming.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

In the mouse settings you can choose between the normal mode (look and cursor) and spring. Spring move basically back to a centered area when releasing the stick.
You can also change the speed of the mouse movement there.

Nibinaear

Post by Nibinaear »

Primal Fear wrote:In the mouse settings you can choose between the normal mode (look and cursor) and spring. Spring move basically back to a centered area when releasing the stick.
You can also change the speed of the mouse movement there.
Cool, will have a look.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”