Xpadder does not allow input from controller

u.verstegen

Xpadder does not allow input from controller

Post by u.verstegen »

So I have installed all of my drivers for my PS2 controller correctly, and Xpadder realizes that there is a controller plugged in, but using the "Detect" button does show that the buttons work. If I press something on the D-Pad or with the Analog stick, nothing happens, it remains blank. I tested it by making the analog stick and D-pad type letters in Notepad to see if it worked and to also see if the program just wasn't displaying it, but it still was not working. I know that the drivers are installed correctly and that my controller works because I played with it on PCSX2 (a PS2 emulator) and it worked fine. So any help would be appreciated at this point as this is very frustrating. Thank you

u.verstegen

Re: Xpadder does not allow input from controller

Post by u.verstegen »

None of the input from my controller is detected but the controller itself is detected.
This is the adapter I'm using:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F6 ... 01_s00_i00

But it works fine with emulators, please help me.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

In the top-left of the main window there should be a white box. Click this box to see the controller properties.
Is the name listed the correct name and what happens to the green bars on the right when you move the controller sticks and press buttons?

u.verstegen

Post by u.verstegen »

Jonathan wrote:In the top-left of the main window there should be a white box. Click this box to see the controller properties.
Is the name listed the correct name and what happens to the green bars on the right when you move the controller sticks and press buttons?
I've checked this already, and the name is "Twin USB Joystick" (which is probably the USB device and not the controller) and the DirectInputs all remain the same even if I move a joystick or press a button. What should the name be for a PS2 controller?

I have purchased a new USB device to test if it's the USB device that's causing the problem. If remember to do so, I will post back with my results. But any help with device would still be appreciated.

Edit: Also, under the Xpadder settings, when I go to controllers, it says this (Order) 1 (Name) Twin USB Joystick (ID) 0810:0001 (Found) 2. I'm confused about found 2 because there is only one controller plugged in.

New Edit: I got it to work with this USB device now. I don't know what it is, but Xpadder only recognizes my controller on one of the slots of the device and not the other while PCSX2 can recognize both. I'm confused about this but will go with it. Thank you for the help.

Return to “Problems detecting controller buttons, triggers or other”