Forgetting AutoProfiles

robbmcdougall

Forgetting AutoProfiles

Post by robbmcdougall »

Everything was working with xpadder, but now I will create new autoprofiles set them all up perfect, restart the PC and they are all gone!

Not sure what im doing wrong but I cant figure out the solution.

Thanks everyone

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Forgetting AutoProfiles

Post by mnl1121 »

Where do you have Xpadder located? If its in your program files Xpadder cannot save anything to these folders. Use something like your my documents folders or desktop.

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

Yeah its sat in my documents at the moment

It has previously saved autoprofiles, I have a list of about 4, however I cant add anymore to it now.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The Autoprofiles are saved in the xpadder.ini configuration file. It is located in the same folder as xpadder.exe application file. Make sure that the read only attribute isn't set. Right click on xpadder.ini in Explorer and choose "Properties". Also changes to xpadder.ini is written when Xpadder is fully closed. You can also try manually adding Autoprofiles by opening xpadder.ini with Notepad. Just make sure Xpadder is fully closed first, right click the Xpadder icon in the notification area/system tray and chooose "Close".

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

Thanks, Im sure I will be able to sort it with that info.

Cant test yet as I have had to RMA my Power supply due to intermittent failures!

Will post up what I find was wrong when I resolve it.

Thanks

iamhammer

Post by iamhammer »

This has just happened to me out of the blue. I've had autoprofile working since it became availabe, and now it's cleared out. I've check the INI file, but there is no mention of Autoprofile.

Return to “AutoProfile problems”