Enable/Disable Gamepad

gorkypah

Enable/Disable Gamepad

Post by gorkypah »

I use Xpadder mostly on an HTPC with Steam installed. I use it for various newer/older games that have gamepad support or none at all. My only complaint is if I use Xpadder to emulate a keyboard/mouse in a game, when I am no longer playing that game I will either forget to load a new profile or close Xpadder. This can cause some weird behavior in other games I am playing, especially with keyboard/mouse movements. What I propose is either setting a hotkey or menu item to enable/disable Xpadders gamepad support for when you aren't using it. I prefer this method instead of closing Xpadder because by default I have Xpadder to load with Windows and its a lot easier than reopening it each time when I want to use it. Thanks.

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Enable/Disable Gamepad

Post by x79_animal »

Is this not what autoprofile is for? if your in a certain game it does <blah> and if your not in that game it does nothing

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

x79_animal is correct. Setting up Autoprofiles can do just this. Save a new blank profile and use that empty profile for the autoprofile for games with native controller support then you don't need to close Xpadder for those games.

gorkypah

Post by gorkypah »

I could use Autoprofiles, but most of my games are Steam games, I launch them from Steam. I guess I could browse for the binaries in the Steam folder. I still think a enable/disable gamepad or Xpadder option/hotkey is a good idea for this.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

It works even with Steam, and you don't have to search for the .exe files.
Just Alt-Tab out of the game after starting it, or close it again.
Choose your auto profile entry or make a new one, and click on "Edit Watch...".
Now choose "Recent Windows" and select the entry of your game (should be on top).
That's all.

You could alternatively search for the .exe files, you find them under [X]:/Steam/steamapps/common/, but via recent Windows it is easier.

Return to “Game does 2 things at once (responds to gamepad AND Xpadder)”