Assigning Click + Drag Camera Movement to the Right Thumb Stick

Fagnan98

Assigning Click + Drag Camera Movement to the Right Thumb Stick

Post by Fagnan98 »

Hey there. So I'm playing in the Guild Wars 2 beta and I really, really want to use my PS3 controller in order to simplify things. So far, with the help of xpadder, it's working great, but the one thing that would make it perfect, and which I haven't been able to figure out, is assigning the camera movement to the right stick. The problem is that the camera moves by clicking and dragging the mouse together. I can get the right stick to register and move the cursor, the way the mouse does when NOT being held and dragged, but I can't get it the way I want it.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm extremely new to xpadder and will likely require the idiot's explanation. I figured out all of the basic mapping I wanted to do, but I have no idea how to even save the work that I've done or get it to work every time I launch GW2. I have no idea how to "edit the profile" to incorporate lines of text. So far I can't even figure out how assigning a toggle works. All I've been able to do is assign all of the basic hotkeys and the character movement to the controller in a satisfactory manner. Any help would be appreciated.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Assigning Click + Drag Camera Movement to the Right Thumb Stick

Post by Primal Fear »

Click on any stick direction and click in the lower left corner of the Assignment window on "Advanced", to open the Advanced Assignment window.
Here you can simply add the mouse movement by clicking on the respective Arrow in the mouse area of the Assignment window (right side) and the right mouse button that is also in the Assignment window. Now you only need to create the same assignments with their specific mouse direction for the other stick directions.

calebrus

Re: Assigning Click + Drag Camera Movement to the Right Thumb Stick

Post by calebrus »

What I did for my Gw2 profile was to make the left stick press a toggle for the right mouse button.
I toggle it on to stay in mouselook mode (with auto ground targeting turned on in game) most of the time. If/when I want to use my cursor to target something, I click the left stick to turn the the toggle off, place my cursor where it's needed, fire off the skill, and then click left stick again to toggle mouselook mode back on.

I see that your post was quite a bit old. If you are still having problems figuring out toggling, let us know.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”