Creating a 'Double Tap' Command

ryanwakeham2002

Creating a 'Double Tap' Command

Post by ryanwakeham2002 »

Hi There, I just bought Xpadder today and I'm looking to try and create a command for double tapping a key which within the game creates a new command.

Basically, I need w to be double tapped (and then held down) to make a character run forward in a game. I have the key assigned to the Left Stick Click of the Left Analogue stick and I couldn't figure it out very easily. my controls so far are set up so that the left analogue stick acts as the WASD keys in their respective fashion.

Thanks for any help someone can provide me :D

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Creating a 'Double Tap' Command

Post by Primal Fear »

If want to use the left stick button (or any other button) this should work.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=
Set1Button9Toggle=1
Set1Button9Turbo=1
Set1Button9TurboRate=2
Set1Button9SetSelect=1
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set2Button9Slots=TAP TIME 0.02s,PAUSE 0.02s,W,PAUSE 0.02s,W,PAUSE 0.02s
Set2Button9Toggle=1
Set2Button9SetSelect=0
Set2Button10Slots=TAP TIME 0.02s,PAUSE 0.02s,W,PAUSE 0.02s,W,PAUSE 0.02s
Set2Button10SetSelect=0
When you tap the left stick button, Xpadder will switch to Set2 to not have W still pressed (Set Selector two-way to Set 2 with Turbo of 0.02s in Set 1), execute a Sequence of a Pause of 0.02s, W for 0.02s, Pause of 0.02, W for 0.02s, Pause of 0.02s and then switch back to Set1 where or better when you should already hold the left stick forward to run.
You can find more informations about Sequences or other Advanced Assignments here or here.

Here I have also another really complex solution for this, that has walk an run directly on the left stick.

ryanwakeham2002

Post by ryanwakeham2002 »

Thanks very much, however how do I implement this code exactly??

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

How to download a profile
The profile menu is the one on the right side.

And I forgot to mention, you need a Xbox360pad or any other Xinput compatible controller to have this Sequence on the left stick button. Otherwise you need to convert the profiles with Oke_Dokes profile converter.

Edit:To integrate this into your profile simply clear all assignments on the left stick button in Set1 and Set2 (if used) by clicking on this button with the middle mouse button, Copy&Paste your profile into a Editor window and add my profile on the end. Now Copy&Paste both profiles together from the Editor window into Xpadder.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”