Advanced Assignment: Hold 1 key and quick tap on a 2nd key?

lust4thrive

Advanced Assignment: Hold 1 key and quick tap on a 2nd key?

Post by lust4thrive »

Turbo 0.40 sec, general key tapping time is set to 0.01s
Cycle 1/2
HoldZone 1/1 (if button down for 0.01s+)
DistanceZone 1/1 (if button moved 1%+)
Stage 1/4 (1 element)
Tap for 0.01s: Z
Stage 2/4 (1 element)
Tap for 0.01s: Z
Stage 3/4 (1 element)
Pause for 0.01s
Stage 4/4 (2 elements)
Tap for 0.02s: Arrow Down+Z
No ReleaseZones
Cycle 2/2
HoldZone 1/1 (if button down for 0.01s+)
DistanceZone 1/1 (if button moved 1%+)
Stage 1/2 (1 element)
Tap for 0.01s: Arrow Right
Stage 2/2 (1 element)
Tap for 0.01s: Arrow Left
No ReleaseZones

I'm having trouble assigning this command for my game. On cycle one, stage 4/4, the setup did perform what I wanted, however, it ended up with an extra action from the Z key. What I meant was I wanted the character to attack 3 times, but it ended with 4 attack (one extra action from the Z key). Please help!

Question 1: is there anyway I can assign this behavior: the Arrow Down key to be tapped for 0.02s, when the tap time of the Arrow Down is almost finished (maybe 0.005s-0.01s left), the Z is quickly tapped for 0.01s? --- I'm thinking If I could shorten the tapping time of the Z key and had it end early before the Down key, perhaps, it might work.

Question 2: the Cycle 2, Right and Left arrow actions were to cancel the 4th Z attack. However it did not kick in, instead, it waited till the 4th attack was done then it kicked in. This issue needs to be worked out also.

Thank you in advance for your effort, I am feeling so lost, it has been 5 hours trying to make this work :oops:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Advanced Assignment: Hold 1 key and quick tap on a 2nd key?

Post by Primal Fear »

Question1: Yes this is basically possible, but only in areas of maximal 0.01s.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Pasted Profile (Untitled profile))
Set1Button1Slots=TAP TIME 0.01s,Arrow Up,PAUSE 0.00s,Arrow Up,Z
Question2: The second cycle will be triggered when the turbo activates the button again after 0.40s, but only if the button is still held. After 0.40s your first assignment is already finished, so it won't interrupt anything.
If you release the button before 0.40s the second cycle will be triggered with the second button press, as intended with Cycles.

I didn't understand completely what you want to do, but this would be my first attempt:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Pasted Profile (Untitled profile))
Set1Button1Slots=TAP TIME 0.02s,Z,PAUSE 0.01s,Z,PAUSE 0.01s,Arrow Up,Z,PAUSE 0.05s,Arrow Right,Arrow Left

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”