Button combinations for one key...

Señor Cinco

Button combinations for one key...

Post by Señor Cinco »

This is for a grenade hotkey in FO3.

I currently have the Left Trigger assigned to the Right Mouse Button. That was easy. The in-game function will zoom, but I needed this added as a simple toggle function for the compass, per the iHUD mod. It works great. However...

I would like for the UP of the D-Pad to use the "G" key, but only if the Left Trigger is held. I can't figure out how to do that.

So, in the end...the Left Trigger with activate the RMB at all times. Then if it is held and the D-Pad Up is hit, it will activate the "G" key.

That way I will not inadvertently throw a grenade while using the D-Pad for other hotkeyed items.

EDIT : I assumed this would be done using the "Set" function. With the LT assigned to the RMB and right clicking on the trigger button. Then assigning it a set selection to "Set 2 When Held" and just assigning the Up D-Pad to the "G" key.

But doing this does not work. It cancels out the initial setting of the RMB and it does not allow the UP D-Pad to do anything.

I have looked over the Tutorials and the instructions, but I am just missing something.

EDIT 2 : :mrgreen: Amazing! I finally got it! I was trying to assign the RMB and the SET 2 activate to the same thing. I just made the LT activate SET @ and then assigned the LT and the other keys in the SET 2 configure. Works great....then I realized I could get a better and smoother actions when assigning the "G" key to the DWN on RT Stick. :lol: I ended up placing everything on SET 1, with the grenade selection to the A button.

Still, it was a learning experience.

Thank you guys anyway. :rightthumbup: :leftthumbup:

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”