Press key combination past analog distance?

Ya Dad

Press key combination past analog distance?

Post by Ya Dad »

Okay, the configuration I want is pretty tricky to set up. I want my analog stick to press the "W" key when the analog stick reaches past it's deadzone, but a certain key combination (W and Left Square Bracket) when the distance reaches 80% or more. However, if the analog is past it's deadzone for more than 0.08 seconds, then I do not want the key combination pressed even if the analog reaches 100%.

I've already given 2.1 - Advanced assignments: Combinations, sequences, timing and distance a read, but I don't think it covers quite what I want. I also came across Variable turbo rate with analog control thread, and it seems to be similar to what I want, but I don't know how to translate what I want into a script, and the way the responder has it written doesn't look like it will work. Anyway I did do some digging around before asking so thanks in advance to anyone who takes time out to point me in the right direction! :)

Ya Dad

Re: Press key combination past analog distance?

Post by Ya Dad »

Right now my script uses distance only for combination. When analog travels north, then "W" is pressed. When it travels south, then "S" is pressed. West is "A" and East is of course "D". When the analog travels at 80% or more in each direction, then it presses an additional key, "[" (Left Square Bracket). I want it to where if the analog doesn't travel to at least 80% in 0.08s or less, then it doesn't press the key combination, only the key that the direction you are pressing is assigned to. The only way I could think to do it would be to write a script similar to this effect:

DEADZONE: 25%
For analog traveling west:

if 26% and < 0.08s, then no "[ and A" at 80% or more
if 27% and < 0.08s, then no "[ and A" at 80% or more
etc. all the way up to 100% I guess, and do this for each analog direction.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

That should work:

And don't use the turbo, it would only screw up the timer for the hold zone.

Ya Dad

Post by Ya Dad »

THANK YOU! :D

Ya Dad

Post by Ya Dad »

Wait I just figured out a slight problem. After a short time, it just goes back to pressing one button and not both. Is there a way this can be edited to where, for the entire duration that the analog is past that percentage and time, it presses both buttons?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

That's not possible. Maybe it's at lest more comfortable for you if you only increase the distance zone to 100%.

Ya Dad

Post by Ya Dad »

Ah ok. Thanks for all the help!

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”