My set selector button is breaking my tap time combo - can someone help me tweak this right?

wellthisisbabylon

My set selector button is breaking my tap time combo - can someone help me tweak this right?

Post by wellthisisbabylon »

Use Case:
I'm Playing Guild Wars 2 with a custom controller layout. I have Left Bumper on Set 1 set to activate Right-Click if I tap it, or instead hold Right-Click if I press it in just a tad longer. Like so:

Code: Select all

Set1Button7Name=RM or Hold
Set1Button7Slots=Right Mouse Button (2),HOLD ZONE 0.50s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Right Mouse Button (2),RELEASE ZONE 0.25s
So far, that's been working pretty damn awesome.

Problem:
Except for one thing I'm noticing now. I also have Left Trigger set to swap to Set 2 while held, like so:

Code: Select all

Set1Button5SetSelect=1
Set2Button5SetSelect=0
Problem is, whenever I swap sets, it breaks the TAP TIME hold of the right mouse. In other words, I activate the tap time properly, the mouse button is held like I want it to, but the moment I switch to the second set it breaks the hold and returns the mouse pointer to normal.

I've tweaked and reversed for hours, but can't figure this one out. Can someone with more knowledge clue me into what I'm screwing up? Thanks!

And if it matters:

Version

System
Windows 8 Build9200 64bit
XInput v1.3 DirectX 2007+

(that report is incorrect, though, as I'm using Win10)

wellthisisbabylon

Re: My set selector button is breaking my tap time combo - can someone help me tweak this right?

Post by wellthisisbabylon »

And to clarify, I've tried the other option of mapping right mouse held while using the joystick to look, but that option just isn't ideal for this use. I'm trying to keep the profile as minimal as possible. I searched for a bit and saw that profile-wide toggle isn't yet an option at least as of sometime last year, but it'd sure be nice if that got added soon. That would truly finalize these mappings.

If anyone else follows GW2, they did recently add in an Action Cam mode, but it really isn't working that well for me. The right-look is currently the most ideal option, but is slightly hindered here by the lack of profile-persistent toggle.

Return to “How do I do this combo/sequence?”