Using xbox controller joysticks for navigation instead of a mouse.

baz904

Using xbox controller joysticks for navigation instead of a mouse.

Post by baz904 »

Are there any recommended practices, settings, tutorials for using an x-box controller as a replacement for a mouse for general windows navigation. I can use the joysticks but it takes me longer to do things in a windows environment than with the standard mouse. I've got a dual monitor setup, one is 20 inch, one is 30 inch if that's relevant. Thanks for any help.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Using xbox controller joysticks for navigation instead of a mouse.

Post by FARSTRIDER »

go into xpadders main settings & then click values there will be an option for mouse speed. also if you only want it for just one profile then try this http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... 1254#p5235

baz904

Post by baz904 »

Thanks for the reply. I had looked at this already and had played a bit with the mouse settings. Currently I have emulation speed at 85 for horizontal and 60 for vertical. I can work with it and it's not too bad but as I said it's still not quite up to the speed of doing things with a mouse. For example those settings are a bit slow for moving the mouse quickly from one side of the screen to another, however for slower mouse movements anything faster than this is getting more difficult to place the mouse exactly where I want it to go, so it's a compromise type of setting but not ideal.

If there were more options (I can't see that there is) for acceleration/deceleration then perhaps I could get it closer to the slickness of using a mouse.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You can use the Set Selector to increase or decrease the mouse speed wit ha button, by configuring the mouse differently in every Set.
Like I did in my Profile for Call of Cthulhu. It goes to a faster speed when holding the right stick button and to a slower speed when holding the left trigger.

baz904

Post by baz904 »

Thanks for this Primal Fear. I need to play around with the settings a bit more and incorporate it into my sets but I think that'll help a lot.

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”