Post by rexkix »

How do you set up a joystick to be Mouse Spring? Thanks in advance,

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Mouse Spring - How to set it up?

Post by Errol »

Hello Rexkix just follow the instructions here at this link;

http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... ing#p21164

Primal have a sample profile created just so you can see how it's done.

It's nice to see you here in this neck of the woods. I know you from another popular forum. You're a great help on there site.

rexkix

Post by rexkix »

Hi Smiley,

The thing is, I don't see where to select Mouse Spring Mode for the joystick. I found that when I saved the profile in the post you pointed me to and open up the joystick settings, I see the right joystick has an interface to select Mouse Spring mode and the left joystick doesn't.

The post you pointed me to discusses problems with Mouse Spring mode and ways to get around them, but I'm having more basic problems.

Thanks in advance,

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Because I don't have my Logitech Attack 3 Joystick setup on my PC I can't give you much details there. However I do have my wired Xbox 360 controller hooked up and what I see is both analog sticks displayed. If you notice the analog sticks right at the bottom you'll see a crescent type wrench or spanner icon next to it. When clicked on will display a drop down list with additional options.
You can either select Settings at the top or way down at the bottom of the list you'll see Mouse Settings select any one.
Under Mouse settings you'll notice there are 5 mini windows displayed.
Top left window you can select Normal.
Bottom left window select Spring.
Top extreme right window you'll see the test screen, move the analog stick and see if it springs back to the center. If not you have the middle window to adjust for emulation speed.
I hope this is what you're looking for!
Keep Xpadder open on the desktop so you can experiment with it while you follow my reply.

rexkix

Post by rexkix »

Smiley wrote:Because I don't have my Logitech Attack 3 Joystick setup on my PC I can't give you much details there. However I do have my wired Xbox 360 controller hooked up and what I see is both analog sticks displayed. If you notice the analog sticks right at the bottom you'll see a crescent type wrench or spanner icon next to it. When clicked on will display a drop down list with additional options.
You can either select Settings at the top or way down at the bottom of the list you'll see Mouse Settings select any one.
Under Mouse settings you'll notice there are 5 mini windows displayed.
{snip}
I'm using a wireless X360 controller.

The problem is my Mouse Settings window has only 1 mini window in it. Here's what I see in all three windows:
(Sorry for the big picture. I hope that's okay in this forum.)

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

The last picture posted, you need to left mouse click on any of the...in this case the rectangular button Normal then you'll see the option to select for mouse spring.
If you had selected Mouse Settings directly from the drop down list you would've seen what I explained above. However you did select Settings instead from the drop down list. Every icon seen in Xpadder settings and anywhere else on Xpadder is clickable and have many options available. Don't just watch an option with an icon and feel that's it. Click on it and you can do a lot of more juicy stuff. It's just that Xpadder is more compact than your regular emulators I'm sure you know what I'm relating to. :)

Xpadder's main window at the very bottom left is clickable & can be edited, also all the numbers 1 - 8 seen at the bottom are called sets or Shift modes. When you click on the Abc icon bottom far right will display the commands you name when green or when clicked on and turns white, will display the KB keys or mouse clicks. When you click on the spanner icon near the right trigger you'll see options available for both triggers etc. The only place is not clickable to bring up any results is the home button displayed in Xpadder.

If I may ask if not a silly question! Is this the first time you're using Xpadder? I see you're registered here since 2013 so my guess is you're hardly ever using Xpadder! right or wrong. :)
Please Rexkix don't feel any way with the question, it's just that I want to know so I can give you as much help as possible. :)

rexkix

Post by rexkix »

Hi Smiley,
Smiley wrote:The last picture posted, you need to left mouse click on any of the...in this case the rectangular button Normal then you'll see the option to select for mouse spring. {snip}
Yes, that's it. Thanks for your help here. I thought that "Normal" was already selected.
Smiley wrote:It's just that Xpadder is more compact than your regular emulators I'm sure you know what I'm relating to. :)
{snip}
If I may ask if not a silly question! Is this the first time you're using Xpadder? I see you're registered here since 2013 so my guess is you're hardly ever using Xpadder! right or wrong. :)
I used Xpadder when I first discovered it, but I've since found another controller mapping product that is (gasp) more powerful yet still easy enough to use. Out of politeness, I hesitate to name the product here. I've made a super awesome profile for Diablo III using that product and was thinking I might try duplicating it with Xpadder. Since it's for Diablo III, I need Mouse Spring mode.

Sadly, my profile does a lot of things in that product that I don't think Xpadder can do:

1. Because the user's character is slightly above the center of the screen, I set the Mouse Spring Pivot point to be something other than dead center. I specify those coordinates using a percentage of the full screen size, which allows the profile to be used at any screen resolution.

2. I use "cycle" commands. I know Xpadder supports Cycle commands. Because there is a command to reset the cycle to any item I want, I reset the cycles to the start when the user selects the "Close All Windows" command. That way, after closing all windows, my Map Cycle begins begins with the basic map and my Menu Cycle begins with the Inventory. I don't think Xpadder can do this. I bound the Map command to two different buttons. I don't think Xpadder allows a cycle to be shared between two different buttons. They would be two separate Cycle commands.

3. I have one command that moves the mouse to specific spot on the screen (again using percentage notation for the coordinates), clicks the left mouse button, then restores the mouse position.

4. I use commands that only press a keystroke (actually more than one) instead of holding them down as long as the controller button is pressed. I suspect Xpadder can do this, but I don't know how.

EDIT:
5. I need the Mouse Spring range (i.e. how big a circle it makes) to be one size for the Left Joystick (about 1/2 the screen) and super small for the Right Joystick. I don't know how to do this using Xpadder.

6. I'm finding the Mouse Spring doesn't always find the center of the screen. Sometimes when I let go of it, the mouse returns to a different location. It seems buggy.

Frankly, I find the "zones" in Xpadder's Advanced Assignment window to be confusing. I know they are powerful. I used to understand them. Maybe you can point me to a post / article on how to use them.

FWIW, I am familiar with Xpadder's Shift Modes. I would be using them in my Diablo III profile.

If you're curious about that other product or features of my profile using it, please let me know.

rexkix

Post by rexkix »

rexkix wrote:Hi Smiley, {snip}
Hey Smiley, are you still there?

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Yes I'm still here and is always here everyday. I just don't know where else to direct you or what else I can tell you.
BTW, do you have the latest version of Xpadder? It's dated 2016.05.01that's the latest release May 01, 2016. It has a lot of awesome features.
I already have been using what you're relating to and I am using it since a year before Xpadder. ;)

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”