WASD - Analogue Emulation

DayDay

WASD - Analogue Emulation

Post by DayDay »

Anyone ever attempted, or indeed is it even possible to attempt some form of WASD analogue emulation. Ie. some way to turbo the buttons faster depending on the zone of the analogue stick?

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: WASD - Analogue Emulation

Post by Mobeeuz »

My way of emulation is using the Distance Zones. I set it up as 50% or less = walk key while > 50% is regular movement. Here's an example of Mass Effect 2:

Code: Select all

Set1Stick1UpSlots=Left Control,W,DISTANCE ZONE 50%,W
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Left Control,D,DISTANCE ZONE 50%,D
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Left Control,S,DISTANCE ZONE 50%,S
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Left Control,A,DISTANCE ZONE 50%,A
You will need the 5.7 version (hence purchase) xpadder for this to work. One of the features I couldn't live without once I used it.

dayday8421

Post by dayday8421 »

Yeah, thanks I just purchased the latest version. Best £6 I will ever spend I might add :)

I'm just tinkering around now with it looking for distance zones but I'm not sure exactly how to set this. Any chance you could give me an idea of where to start?

dayday8421

Post by dayday8421 »

Never mind, I had 5.6. Just downloaded 5.7. Many thanks :)

tobybacon28

Post by tobybacon28 »

i really need help setting distance zone up how do i get it to work i mean like i click the distance zone button on the button i want it to use but i cant seem to make it work somone please help as i have just bought this ?????

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

When you click on a button, the Assigment window opens and you can use it to assign a single key or a combination with a modifier key (Ctrl, Alt, Shift).

To use the Distance Zone or to do other advanced stuff, click in the Assignment window on "Advanced" to open the Advanced Assignment window. More informations about that are here.

Return to “Other questions”