Issues with resuming from suspend

KayDat

Issues with resuming from suspend

Post by KayDat »

I noticed that with Xpadder, after resuming from a suspend, it doesn't detect my pad. If I unplug/replug any USB device, such as the pad itself, a mouse or memory stick, it comes back; another method would be to close Xpadder and start it up again. I assume that Xpadder doesn't poll the USB ports to check if the pad is around after resuming from suspend? Is there any way around this?
The most annoying thing is that, I tried to get around this with Task Scheduler. I had it run "TASKKILL /IM Xpadder.exe" and to run it again after every time I unlock the computer, but I noticed that if I kill Xpadder with TASKKILL, it still doesn't check if the pad is plugged in or not when I run it next. Is there a way to fix this suspend problem? Thanks.

KayDat

Re: Issues with resuming from suspend

Post by KayDat »

Well, I figured out how to get it working (sorta). I'm using TSKILL now, instead of TASKKILL. Have a batch fill use TSKILL to close Xpadder, and start it up again. The batch file is called by Task Scheduler whenever I unlock the computer, so Xpadder is 'refreshed' each time I unlock/resume the computer. It's just a work around though, this really should be looked into; it would be annoying if, say a PC setup as a media centre has to restart Xpadder, or constantly unplug and replug devices each time it resumes operations from a suspended state.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

This is strange. I tried putting my computer to sleep and also hibernate and when I resume Xpadder and my controller (wireless 360/Win7 x64) work without a problem. The big mystery is why taskkilling Xpadder and restarting doesn't work but tskill does work. You aren't running Xpadder running Xpadder under a different user account on your computer? I may be of limited help since I can't reproduce but what controller, Xpadder version, and Windows versions are you using?

Slinkynose

Post by Slinkynose »

I experience the exact same issue. I am running Xpadder under the same username and account that I am logged into when the PC wakes up. I am running Xpadder 2011.02.09, with a Logitech G-X2D11 cordless action controller, Win 7 64. I run Xpadder from a folder on a non-OS drive to avoid the permissions problems in Win 7. I have resolved the problem by not letting the PC sleep, as I use subsonic to stream music, but I am curious to know what is happening.

Thank you all for the wonderful product and support!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Slinkynose, as you have the same issue these questions are for you although I'm quoting KayDat:
KayDat wrote:I noticed that with Xpadder, after resuming from a suspend, it doesn't detect my pad
By "detect" does this mean the controller tab is till white, the controller is still visible in the main Xpadder window but using the controller does not seem to send input to Xpadder. What does the controller properies window (raw data) look like?
KayDat wrote:If I unplug/replug any USB device, such as the pad itself, a mouse or memory stick, it comes back
Any system change triggers Xpadder to search for new devices. Does the controller re-appear in the same tab as it was in or does a new tab appear?

Return to “Other questions”