Can you "double click"?

ViperMan

Can you "double click"?

Post by ViperMan »

Greetings,

Xpadder is pretty sweet - been playing with it for a day now. I was having some problems with it rapidly tapping keys sometimes, so I set the key delay to .01 seconds, and that fixed it.

But my question is this: I want to set up a key to double tap - that is, if I press or hold the button, it does one thing, but if I double-click the button, it would do something else.

I'm sure I could use AutoHotKey to do this, but I was hoping to keep everything confined to Xpadder.

Any suggestions?

VM

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can you "double click"?

Post by Primal Fear »

It is possible to press one key if you just tap the button, and another if you hold down the button.
[release Zone 0.01s] "one key" [release Zone 0.20s] [Hold-Zone 0.20s] "another key"

I hope this is something that helps you, I don't think there is a way to do exactly what you want.

And another note: your post would have been better there http://xpadder.com/phpBB3.0.5/viewforum.php?f=86 ;-)

ViperMan

Re: Can you "double click"?

Post by ViperMan »

Yeah - I actually use that trick already - allowing the button to do two different things. I was kinda hoping to be able to do a THIRD thing with a double-tap. Yes I could add a third release zone for say, 2 seconds, but I still need it to be quick.

And thanks for moving it - I think the Forum has a few too many categories, so it's kinda hard to figure out where to put stuff.

I guess the next thing to do is add "double-click" to the suggestions forum. :)

Return to “Other questions”