Dragonice

mylescrain

Dragonice

Post by mylescrain »

Ok I am wanting to use Xpadder with the game Dragonice. It is not working. I have been trobleshooting for more than a few hours now and this is what i'v got.
Ok first off the problom I am haveing. When I am runing the game Xpadder is not working at all the game has no in game controler options. If i minimize Dragonice Xpadder starts working again.
Looking thru the forms the first thing i found was the user account controls (UAC) can mess with Xpadder. to solve this I just turned the UAC off. This did not help. Then i fond the post about runing Xpadder as Administrator (Admin). I i tryed a few times runing Xpadder as Admin and the game normal. Then I went a step farther and ran both Xpadder and game as Admin and with the windows taskmanger i set Xpadder priority at realtime then Xpadder as Admin and priority set as realtime and the game normal. none of this worked.

Any help or advice will be apparited no matter how small it is.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Dragonice

Post by Primal Fear »

This game uses GameGuard, an anti cheat software. It blocks Xpadder's emulated input.
So there will be unfortunately no way to get this game to work with Xpadder.

mylescrain

Post by mylescrain »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsbU1p6M3F4
this is how i found out about Xpadder. In the review he says he is useing xpadder and a 360 controler and recomends useing xpadder with the game.
so this is ether a hox or there is a way to get it to work going to do some more diging.
thanks for the reply any way.

(Edit) looks like he was playing in the beta.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I searched their North American forums and it does appear to use GameGuard but there is conflicting posts of some players successfully using Xpadder. It would appear the game has in game controller support but is not very customizable. The posts I read was the closed beta allowed Xpadder but the open beta included GameGuard and therefore disabled Xpadder. GameGuard doesn't just block Xpadder, it causes all types of mayhem, one player reported his game keeps closing saying he's using a hack but is using keyboard and mouse. Another user commented that GameGuard didn't block Xpadder on 64bit versions of Windows.

My personal opinion on GameGuard is I will avoid it all costs. Game developers don't advertise their use of GameGuard. If it was meant to protect a players enjoyment of the game by keeping an even playing field for all users you would think they would highlight that fact. I've never seen GameGuard mentioned on a game developers web site, the only way I find out is to search their support forums and its never a positive comment about it. Usually its a user that can't play the game for an unknown reason or that there are plenty of users using hacks for an advantage while the hack bypasses GameGuard. I have even read a post that they couldn't run a game because their anti-virus alerted on GameGuard because it uses the same tricks as the hacks its meant to protect from, to hide itself from the OS.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 8)

Return to “Other questions”