Xbox360 for windows -> messing up my profiles

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Xbox360 for windows -> messing up my profiles

Post by x79_animal »

Firstly. sorry for putting this in the off-topic, but its to do with drivers and not xpadder itself

the default drivers for xbox360 controllers (wired) automatically come with a certain setup.

joystick = mouse
lb+rb = zoom in/out
a=click
b=right click

These always seem to be in effect even when i have xpadder replacing (but actually just doubling up) the buttons.

You may now be thinking "get xbcd drivers" -> but when these drivers are loaded, xpadder has issues with the triggers, they dont work as axis, but instead buttons

the million dollar question

how do i disable the default settings above so that, without xpadder, it will just do nothing.

or, how do i get xpadder to recognise triggers with xbcd as axis and not buttons

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xbox360 for windows -> messing up my profiles

Post by SGTCableDog »

This is actually the first time I've heard of this. Is this behaviour in Windows desktop or in some other program? I have the wireless360 controller and just installed it without Xpadder and it does not control the mouse or click the screen. Some games have in-game controller support like Bad Company 2 that can be by-passed by starting the game without the controller plugged in. Once the game is loaded you can plug in the controller and Xpadder will work but the in-game support is disabled. I'm interested in this if you can provide more details.

I think I'll move this to a support forum.

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Post by x79_animal »

This is -always- on. (every application)

XBCD does not have this problem, but default drivers do, so the drivers have some kind of default setup and i have yet to find any interface which lets me modify or remove it

The driver it auto installed is system32/drivers/xnacc.sys
i have reason to believe this is not the driver most people have, if you could point me to the normal driver i could attempt to update it

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

What version of Windows are you using? I have Windows 7 and I just plugged the receiver in and it downloaded a driver from Windows Update. This drive has no built in configuration.

system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys

A google search shows that xnacc.sys is the XNA common controller driver. I don't have XNA game studio or any of Microsofts developement software loaded. I would check to make sure there isn't third part apps running that may effecting the controller.

You can find the official drivers here.

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Post by x79_animal »

im using windows 7. (windows update is turned off since install)

xusb does not exist on my computer and that software does not fix the problem, it just adds software but the drivers are still the same

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Post by x79_animal »

Ok, i rebooted twice, and replugged controller. the drivers are now showing up as xusb.sys. but i still have the issue of the joystick being a mouse, magnifier with rb lb. and so forth.

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Post by x79_animal »

since you mentioned yours downloading something from windows update. since mine is turned off it cannot do that. i went to windows update and looked for an update to do with this but there was nothing there. i cannot turn windows update on so its not an option. and installing that official software doesnt help. so i need some kind of manual update

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Post by x79_animal »

Ok so i updated to xbcd and the controls were disabled. then i update to xusb and controls are back. basically im just not getting the right drivers here. i need someone to upload their xusb so i can try and replace my wrong one

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Post by x79_animal »

Wow lol, have you ever heard of 7plus?
Was browing the settings today to try and modify something and i came across

"Use joystick/gamepad as remote control when not in fullscreen (optimised for xbox360)"

Turned it off and it stopped. :) Really sorry for wasting your time. maybe a moderator could fix this post to just show the fix is someone else has the same problem

YoJembo
Xpadder Xpert

Post by YoJembo »

@x79_animal... good work on that 7plus thing.

There is a solution to that updating x79, prudence however...

Do a thorough research on Google is my best suggestion.

KB 971033

;)

x79_animal
Xpadder Xpert

Post by x79_animal »

lol yojembo i didnt search KB 971033 out untill now, but i just did and it would seem we are on the same page ==], would you happen to know any other updates not worth downloading?

YoJembo
Xpadder Xpert

Post by YoJembo »

Garr, it's all smooth sailing from there matey, not a worry... till the first service pack comes out . :lol:

Ye may be interested in a certain Loader by a swab name of Daz. Version 1.8 be the latest... And don't ye be askin' forra serial number like the lubbers do. Install as a trial without one first, then apply Daz's lotion... yarrr. :keen:

Return to “Other questions”