Question: PS1 controller compatible with Xpadder?

nickvdb1990

Question: PS1 controller compatible with Xpadder?

Post by nickvdb1990 »

The topic pretty much says it all:

Is the PS1 controller compatible with Xpadder?

I'm planning on buying a PS1-to-usb-adapter and want to use it with Xpadder. Can anyone confirm this wil work? I really want confirmation before making any payments.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Question: PS1 controller compatible with Xpadder?

Post by Terra Branford »

It should work. I'm using Radio Shack's ancient "PSx" (PS1/2) adapter, and it lets me use my PS1 (wired), PS2 Katana (Wireless), and PS2 DVD Remote... so you should have no problems at all.

Just make sure that your adapter works with Window's Game Controllers, or it won't work in any games... or in Xpadder, either.

nickvdb1990

Post by nickvdb1990 »

Okay thanks!
Yeah I'm trying to get confirmation from the seller of the adapter that it will make my Windows recognize my controller :)

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Anytime. I had heard about the PSx adapter at Radioshack from a friend... and got lucky enough to snag two of them (last two they ended up selling, since it was discontinued for some reason) for ten bucks apiece. I'd have liked to get two more, but what can you do?

It should work for you... I've not tried adapters for the PSx outside of XP 32x and Vista 64x... so I can't promise anything for Win7 (don't have it).

Return to “Other questions”