Minimizing - two of same profile - diff layouts

Thraka

Minimizing - two of same profile - diff layouts

Post by Thraka »

This happens when I have two of the same controller types plugged in and both set to the same profile. When I set controller #2 to layout number 2, and I minimize XPadder, controller #2 reverts to layout number one.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Minimizing - two of same profile - diff layouts

Post by Jonathan »

Do you mean controller #2 is using set 2 of its profile and it reverts to set 1 when minimizing?

The option "Return to Set 1 after minimize/restore" does this to ensure Set 1 is selected. Usually, you would create a different profile for each controller. Using different Sets for different controllers is not the best way.

Alternatively, I have missed the point! When you say "layout" do you mean controller file (position of buttons), profile (assignments) or set (the set inside the profile)?

Thraka

Re: Minimizing - two of same profile - diff layouts

Post by Thraka »

You are correct. I was using the wrong terms for the features. "Set" is what I mean by layout. Thanks, I'll just uncheck that option. The reason I was using the program in this way was because I just needed a single file, like mame. Then in that I have set 1-4 represent the button layouts for players 1-4. Since I only have two fighting sticks and two gamepads, depending on the person playing they may want the fighting stick and be player number 4. So it's easy just to identify their stick and choose set 4. If in 10 minutes someone takes the stick but is player 1 I just quickly hit the set 1 button.

Return to “Other questions”