Very Slow Oblivion

tony559

Very Slow Oblivion

Post by tony559 »

I'm using Xbox controller for Windows and the latest version of Xpadder on W7 64bit. Several websites give details on setting this up and it seemed quite straight forward. However when I play Oblivion it is impossible - everything happens very slowly and very jerkily - totally unacceptable. It is mainly with the left stick where xpadder is simulating keyboard key presses. I get exactly the same poor response by using those same keyboard keys. Its only when I unplug the controller that things get better. Suddenly everything is lightning fast - using the keyboard and mouse of course.
Any suggestions. I wanted to use the controller because I suffer from RSI and using the mouse can be a problem.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Very Slow Oblivion

Post by Primal Fear »

I have played Oblivion with Xpadder and Xbox360pad myself, and it worked great. But I have found informations, that the Xbox360 controller should cause exactly this problem. So this problem is not caused by Xpadder.
Is the driver of your graphics card up-to-date? If not install a actual version.

You can try following too:
-unplug your controller
-start the game
-Alt-Tab out of the game
-connect controller
-check that Xpadder correctly detected it (otherwise restart Xpadder) and load your profile (if you didn't made a Auto Profile entry that looks for the process)
-and then Alt-Tab back in
This should work, because the game doesn't detect the controller, only Xpadder does.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

Try disabling joystick support in Oblivion.

From Nvidia Forums:
Solution: This is often the result of a joystick or controller plugged into the computer. Editting the Oblivion.ini may correct this issue. The Oblivion.ini file is located in the My Documents\My Games\Oblivion directory. In the [Controls] section, change the “bUse Joystick=1” setting to “bUse Joystick=0” or simply disconnect the peripheral. Make sure the settings are saved. Note, changes to the Oblivion.ini file will not be saved if Oblivion in running when the changes are made.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

This disabling joystick thing, is for sure the smarter solution than every time working off my list.
But maybe the driver update already solves the problem.

As for nvidia, I guess this is the reason why I didn't had this problem. :D
But ATI has often enough such quirks in games too.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

i remember that in some early dx 9.0 games you couldnt remove the controller (@ startup without the game crashing) that way unless you switch the controlls to keyboard

Return to “Other questions”