Question

Nytewalkyr

Question

Post by Nytewalkyr »

I'm not even sure how to phrase it .. I'm sure I've probably read how to do this, but I'm just not making the terms click in my head for what I want to do .. so I'll just muddle through the description of what I want to do and hope someone gets it.

When you've got Xpadder open, at the bottom right, there are the numbers 1 through 8. Each one is a "fresh page" of your controller. What I'd like to do, is have one button "switch" me to a second page, and then use that same button to switch back .. effectively giving me a bunch more buttons. That way I could use my main set for major stuff .. and the second set for things you don't do very often, but it's handy to have a button for. I'd like to know if there's a way to switch to a second page .. and possibly a third and so on. I assume once you learn the process for one, it's the same for continuing to get those "fresh controller pages".

Thank you much .. I'm trying to work on a setup for Mass Effect and there's just too many functions for what I have buttons .. so I'm still using a few keyboard buttons. Not for important stuff, but for stuff that I don't use all that terribly often. I'd prefer to have it all done by keyboard though.

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can provide .. and thank you Mr. Johnathan for this lovely program .. definitely worth the 10 bucks I paid. While I used a few programs before this that were free .. none of them allowed me to do the simple act of Zooming and Shooting (while zoomed) in Mass Effect. None that is, until yours. So thank you. My days of headache are over, for the totally worthwhile cost of your program. Thank you. :D

~ Nyte

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Question

Post by Primal Fear »

This is the Set-Feature, and it works exactly like you want it to.

The numbers on the bottom stand for the Sets. To switch them by pressing a gamepad button, you have to assign this to this under Advanced/Set Selector.
You can select switch on tap one-way, on tap two-way and while held. The second one is what you want to have.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Here is a link to sets in the help index (still under construction). It also shows a shortcut to assigning set selectors from the main Xpadder window.

Nytewalkyr

Post by Nytewalkyr »

That's exactly what I was trying to find. Thank you very much. I must have overlooked it when I was trying to find it in the index. Thank you both. :D

Return to “Other questions”