keys not in order

Jezzick

keys not in order

Post by Jezzick »

I am trying to print a string, not an individual key, and it prints way out of order!
for example:
Hello prints ehlo.
what is happening?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: keys not in order

Post by mnl1121 »

if you don't add pauses in between each letter the letters print in alphabetical order. In between each letter simply add a pause (the fastest pause will do).

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Jezzick wrote:Hello prints ehlo.
what is happening?
What is happening is Xpadder is attempting to send all the keys at the same time but must send them in order, alphabetical order. (Is Xpadders emulated keyboard programmed to prevent key jamming? :ugeek: ) mnl's suggestion is the way to go.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

SGTCableDog wrote: Is Xpadders emulated keyboard programmed to prevent key jamming? :ugeek:
Key jamming is a result of limitations in the keyboard matrix which is physically located inside the keyboard. Xpadder sends fake keycodes directly to Windows so key jamming cannot occur. While I have made the key emulation mimic the repeating, release and other functional keyboard behaviour I decided to remove the limitations of pressing too many keys at once - I also decided not to include support for gunk - you'll notice the assignment window keyboard never needs cleaning :D

Return to “Other questions”