ps3 sixaxis - stick 2 - diagonal movement only

edburgueno

ps3 sixaxis - stick 2 - diagonal movement only

Post by edburgueno »

Hi,

Got everything set up fine with the PS3 Sixaxis controller except stick 2, the right hand joystick. When I open both of the detail views that show me coordinates etc I can see it's only tracking points along a diagonal line starting in the upper left side and moving to the bottom right. What steps do I need to take to fix this?

thanks, Ed

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: ps3 sixaxis - stick 2 - diagonal movement only

Post by SGTCableDog »

It sounds like the stick is using the same axis for vertical and horizontal, either in the driver or Xpadder. Open Xpadders controller properties by clicking the controller tab.

Move the right stick up/down, the RY graph should move. Next move it left/right, the RX graph should move. If they are independent then try redetecting the right stick in Xpadders controller settings by clicking the controller name box.

Click the Detect button for the right stick and follow the prompts.

If both graphs from above move together you'll need to adjust the stick settings in the driver you are using.

edburgueno

Re: ps3 sixaxis - stick 2 - diagonal movement only

Post by edburgueno »

thank you. I believe my mistake was to hold the ps3 sixaxis controller in my hand when I initially "identified" the sick. Since the controller has sensors for tilting the controller its important to place the controller on a table. Thanks again!

- Ed

Return to “Other questions”