analog sticks stuck

taon7

analog sticks stuck

Post by taon7 »

as soon as i turn on xpadder both analog sticks show they are being pushed down and left

i have tried calibrating them with no success

i use a logiech dual action game pad

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: analog sticks stuck

Post by Primal Fear »

Take a look in the stick setting, by clicking on the tool symbol near this stick in Xpadder and then on "Settings".
What says the status "Distance:" there? Maybe it's enough to enlarge the Deadzone a little bit.

taon7

Post by taon7 »

it works, thank you

id still like to know why it is not centered though

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

It is normal for every kind of analogue stick that it doen't center perfectly, this is what the DeadZone is good for.
But the 25% (I guess) that Xpadder standardly uses should be normally enough.
If it is necessary to make even larger there are only two reasons possible:
-the stick isn't calibrated correctly
-the stick isn't really precise, which means it is damaged or it has bad quality (mis-production)

taon7

Post by taon7 »

its a cheap logitech, it might be dirty?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Well, cheap or not. I have already disassembled many controllers, and Logitech and Microsoft have the best quality of inner parts from what I have already seen. Other manufacturers have lousy processed electronic and cheap parts. I guess you had bad luck with your model, maybe you still have warranty on it.
I think dirt can be no reason for this, it's quite unlikely that the dirt found it's way just in mechanical parts of the sticks. It's pretty good covered.

taon7

Post by taon7 »

if i restart my computer the stick and/or position its stuck in changes... so i see you are right. ive tried recalibration with no luck...

EDIT... different controler, same result, only if i use my other same type logitech... any different game device is fine, restarting is not the thing that changes it, missing some other variable...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You have two versions of the same controller? However it's strange that both have the same problem.

These are two screenshot of Xpadder and the informations of the left stick of my Xbox360 pad.
Both is with the stick centered. The margin for this stick is pretty high as it isn't such precise, but 25% Dead-Zone percent is still enough.
If you have such an difference too, when you move the stick first to the lower left and then to the upper right, then the problem depends to the stick.
Otherwise it could be a compatibility problem between Xpadder and this gamepad.
I don't think that Logitech would sell something like this for normal, because it would cause unsolvable problems in games with native gamepad support where you cannot select the Dead-Zone.

taon7

Post by taon7 »

im on windows 7 x64 now and it works perfectly, was on vista x64 before fyi

EDIT... its a logitech dual action

Return to “Other questions”