City of Heroes/Villains clicking problem

justonefixksm

City of Heroes/Villains clicking problem

Post by justonefixksm »

I got Xpadder to play City of Heroes/Villains with and it works better than I ever dreamed, but there's one tiny problem keeping it from being totally perfect. I'm using a wired Xbox 360 controller with the right analog stick as my mouse, right bumper as left click, and right trigger as right click, and I turned the analog function of the triggers off so they act like regular buttons. My problem is that if I right click something to bring up a menu and then left click an item in the menu, the menu disappears, but nothing happens. It only does this with right click menus - left clicking works perfectly fine otherwise. Any ideas what the problem might be? Oh, and just in case it matters, I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: City of Heroes/Villains clicking problem

Post by SGTCableDog »

Try using the right/left click assignments in Windows, like right clicking a shortcut on the desktop and open its properties. If it works in Windows it might be a problem with the game. If it fails in Windows paste the profile here so we can have a look. To copy the profile click on the profile icon and choose "Copy".

Then paste into a new reply here. Using the Code button in the forum reply will make seperate the profile from any comments you make.

justonefixksm

Post by justonefixksm »

Whoops, I should've mentioned that I did try it in Windows and it works flawlessly. I haven't however tried making other buttons my right and left mouse buttons - I'm gonna do that then report back.

justonefixksm

Post by justonefixksm »

Nope, didn't help... :(

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

justonefixksm wrote:I turned the analog function of the triggers off so they act like regular buttons.
If you mean you turned the "Use XInput" option off in Xpadders settings then you want to keep it on for the 360 controller otherwise the triggers share the same axis so if you pull both triggers they cancel each other out. This is the only thing I can think of. I'll defer other comments to other users who may have this game.

justonefixksm

Post by justonefixksm »

I must've been drunk when I typed that because I honestly can't remember why I thought I disabled the analog function of the triggers :P But no, I didn't turn off XInput.

Return to “Other questions”