Help with 13 controllers

BaD CrC

Help with 13 controllers

Post by BaD CrC »

Still struggling to automatically assign a given profile to my 13 controllers.
I have 10 BU0836X USB controllers
1 BU0836 USB controller
1 hotas cougar
1 N50.

My problem is to have each profile correctly assigned to each controller everytime I am launching Xpadder (latest version 5.7 June).
I followed your first advice to make a shortcut with arguments the list of profiles "C:\...\XPadder.exe" "profile1" "profile2"....."profile13" but this doesn't give a good result. No matter what I try, the profiles are wrongly assigned (shifted by two or three controllers).
I try to follow bofman tutorials with Bodnard's card, but doesn't seem to work either.
I just can't figure out what autoprofile is doing and how it is working.

Thanks for your help.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Help with 13 controllers

Post by Reboot »

@BaD CrC,
If you switch off (AutoOpen last used profile) then every time you start Xpadder it will start with an untitled profile, then setup Auto Profile like this.

Whenever I start Falcon, profile BU0836 1 and BU0836 2 will be loaded; I also did the same with Word so clicking on my text editor (for testing) will also open the profiles.
Because Xpadder doesn’t recognise our BU0836 board like it should, then all buttons (32) has to be put on the same (One) controller page, each profile page uses the same button positioning but with a different assignment.
Remember only one ‘Profile’ per ‘Controller’; if you have 13 controllers then you should have 13 profiles.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

BaD CrC wrote:.

How AutoProfile works.
If we deactivate (AutoOpen last used profile) then Xpader will always start with an (Untitled profile).

In the (AutoProfile Settings) the very first on the list (Untitled profile) <Default> If we create a profile and call it ‘Untitled profile’ then whenever we close a program that is on this list, It will jump back too this created profile.
In the list there are 3 profiles, If we open ‘Word’ then profile 1 will be loaded, If we then open ‘RegCleanr’ profile 2 will load, ‘Paint’ and profile 3 will load, If we now close ‘Paint’ then it will jump back to the Default ‘Untitled profile’.

PS:
The <Default> can only work with one controller, if we have multiple controllers (10 for example) all profiles loaded with the game, then when we close the game, it is only the first controller on the list that will jump back to Default,
(Is this a Bug)?
When using the AutoProfiler with just the one game, then we don’t need this Default, so we can just deactivate it and forget it.

bofman

Post by bofman »

BaD CrC wrote:Still struggling to automatically assign a given profile to my 13 controllers.
I have 10 BU0836X USB controllers
1 BU0836 USB controller
1 hotas cougar
1 N50.

My problem is to have each profile correctly assigned to each controller everytime I am launching Xpadder (latest version 5.7 June).
I followed your first advice to make a shortcut with arguments the list of profiles "C:\...\XPadder.exe" "profile1" "profile2"....."profile13" but this doesn't give a good result. No matter what I try, the profiles are wrongly assigned (shifted by two or three controllers).
I try to follow bofman tutorials with Bodnard's card, but doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks for your help.
In the autoprofilers window, you should have a list of all your profiles on the left column under Profile. Next to each in the Watch column, you should have the simulator exe path. Also ensure the 'activated' box is checked.
Bofman

BaD CrC

Post by BaD CrC »

Thanks guys,

So if I get it right, I need to go to the options screen and uncheck "Autopen last used profile", then go to autoprofile screen and activate it.
From there, I need to add one by one all the 13 profiles and assign to them the right watch (the .exe of my simulator).
Now how do the software knows which profile belong to which controller? Is it the order of the autoprofile list? Like, the first profile of the autoprofile list will be assigned to first card, then 2nd profile on the list to the 2nd device and so on whenever the .exe is launched?

By the way, a few pictures of my cockpit. All switches functional (11 x 32 buttons with BU0836X plus 1 Hotas cougar + 1 nostromo n50), all managed by Xpadder. :shifty:

bofman

Post by bofman »

BaD CrC wrote:Thanks guys,

So if I get it right, I need to go to the options screen and uncheck "Autopen last used profile", then go to autoprofile screen and activate it.
From there, I need to add one by one all the 13 profiles and assign to them the right watch (the .exe of my simulator).
Correct, at least that is exactly how I got mine working however, I only have two profiles and it alway loads correctly.
I think that it works because you are telling Xpadder to load each profile file when your sim is booted and you have already assigned the various switches to individual profiles within Xpadder.
It possibly doesn't matter which order you list the profiles in but I called mine panel1 and panel2 and listed them in that order. Why not list them in the order they show up in Xpadder? Remember to leave the checkbox activated.

Anyway, try it and let us know.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

bofman wrote:It possibly doesn't matter which order you list the profiles in but I called mine panel1 and panel2 and listed them in that order. Why not list them in the order they show up in Xpadder?
The order is very important. If you have more than one Auto Profile entry for one program, then the first one will be loaded for the first controller, the second entry for the second controller and so on.

BaD CrC

Post by BaD CrC »

Hello again everyone.

No issues here, but just an updated video + pictures of my pit. XPadder still the best to manage my hundreds of switches and encoders, never let me down in the heat of action!! :D

And one pic:

Cheers!

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

That is realy impressive. Good job putting your wife in the credits, she must be VERY understanding. ;)

edit: Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of copying your last post to the user review section of the forums.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

However did I manage to miss this post ?

Exhalent video BaD CrC, thanks for showing.

Reboot. :leftthumbup:

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I also missed this post! Awesome video :geek:

Return to “Other questions”