Hold a button down different then tapping it?

larupia

Hold a button down different then tapping it?

Post by larupia »

I'm working on a profile for the game Just Cause 2 and was wondering how do you make *one* button do different things like one for Q and one for tab? For example:

In Just Cause 2 Xbox 360 controls there's a button that does: "Tap: Evade (Keyboard: Tab) Hold: Sprint (Keyboard: Q)"

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Hold a button down different then tapping it?

Post by SGTCableDog »

From Xpadders built-in help:
Tap or Hold
A Tap or Hold assignment performs a different assignment depending on whether the gamepad button is tapped or is held.
For example, to perform the assignment of X if the gamepad button is tapped and Y if the gamepad button is held down:

Slot 1: Hold Zone 0.50s
Slot 2: Y
Slot 3: Release Zone 0.01s
Slot 4: X
Slot 5: Release Zone 0.50s
To make advanced assignment click on button to open the Assignment window.

Next click on the "Advanced..." button to open the Advanced assignment window.

To add the key assignments you can click on the previous Assignment window or your physical keyboard. Once finished close the two assignment windows.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

I've noticed... at least in the last version (haven't been bothered to test in previous versions) that you can't do actions such as "if held x amount of time, double-tap keypress y". For instance, I was playing a Streets of Rage clone, and couldn't set up "W/A/S/D while held for one second, WW/AA/SS/DD while held for more than one second"... meaning I couldn't set up auto-run on ANY direction.

The reason? You can't assign the same key twice, without a pause time between them, in "Held" mode. I don't get that...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I don't really understand what you want to do, but did you tried to place the next Hold Zone after the first key press.

Something like this,

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.06.03
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button1Slots=HOLD ZONE 1.00s,W,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,W

Return to “Other questions”