Problem setting up ps3 controller...

10417d2253b7d1fd

Problem setting up ps3 controller...

Post by 10417d2253b7d1fd »

i opened xpadder and tried setting up my ps3 controller but for some reason the program wont detect the buttons. help!

Pollux

Re: Problem setting up ps3 controller...

Post by Pollux »

have you put them as analogic?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Which drivers are you using? The PS3 controllers require a third party driver and complicated procedure to get working.

10417d2253b7d1fd

Post by 10417d2253b7d1fd »

SGTCableDog wrote:Which drivers are you using? The PS3 controllers require a third party driver and complicated procedure to get working.
i'm using the libusb-win32 driver. after installing the driver, i tried to calibrate the controller through the windows gamepad settings but it wouldn't detect the buttons.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

theres your problem you need something like glove pie

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

All methods to connect the ps3 controller to a PC required a utility to "connect" the controller with its driver. Each method was kind of klunky. I haven't kept up with it as nothing seemed ready for everyday use. I may be wrong. If anyone is willing to post reliable directions, please feel free.

3c2b2ec7

Post by 3c2b2ec7 »

Guess I should have read this thread before buying Xpadder. Doh! :(

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You can use Xpadder with a PS3 controller if you can get it to work with Windows. The PS3 controller must use third party drivers to work with Windows. Some may be better than others, the trick is making it work with Windows.

burt_ie

Post by burt_ie »

I have had mixed results in trying to use a PS3 controller on Windows with the third party drivers ...sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
It took a lot of effort and messing around so in the end I gave up and went back to using a PS2 controller.
Until a more reliable and stable driver appears I wont be in a hurry to try again.

Return to “Other questions”