Xpadder/LotRO: how to assign 3 commands to one button? and can i push2talk with ts3?

Plinius

Xpadder/LotRO: how to assign 3 commands to one button? and can i push2talk with ts3?

Post by Plinius »

hi guys

i use xpadder to play lord of the rings online with my xbox 360 controller

i would like to assign 3 commands to my A button - two are easy with the tap function (0,50s hold zone - 2 - 0,01s release zone - 1 - 0,50s release zone)
so basically, if i push A for a short moment, it performs action 1, if i keep pressing it, it will perform action 2
but i would like to add a third action, that is activated if i keep A pressed for longer than e.g. 1 second - how do i do that?
the problem i encountered is, if i add another hold zone, then action 2 is performed before action 3, but as you can guess, i would like to avoid that behaviour
is there a "if" command?
so that it looks like:
Button A pressed: less than 0,50s = action 1, longer that 0,50s = action 2, longer that 1s = action 3 (withour performing action 2 in between)

do you know a way how i might be able to make that idea come true?

and is it possible to assign a key to the xpadder lotro profile with which i can push2talk with ts3?
my current p2t key is "Alt Gr" (it is the name on the german layout keyboard, it hope it has the same name in english, otherwise, it is the button on the right side of the space bar)
could i assign the "D-Pad Down" with Alt Gr (in my lotro profile) and would this activate my push2talk?
if yes, awesome - if not, how could i assign a key on the 360 controller with xpadder to p2t on ts3?

and is anyone else playing MMOs with xpadder? do you have any advice for me how i should set the mouse settings for the right stick (used as "mouse") for fluent gameplay?

i thank you a thousand times!
best regards!
cheers=)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder/LotRO: how to assign 3 commands to one button? and can i push2talk with ts3?

Post by Primal Fear »

You can do that with the three command, just place on more release zone.
Like that,

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.06.03
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,1,RELEASE ZONE 0.50s,2,RELEASE ZONE 1.00s,HOLD ZONE 1.00s,3
And it is absolutely no problem to place "AltGr" to a gamepad button, except "Pause" and "Druck" every key is possible.

And what the problem with the mouse?

Plinius

Re: Xpadder/LotRO: how to assign 3 commands to one button? and can i push2talk with ts3?

Post by Plinius »

hey:)

i thank you very much - but still the problem remains (if i test it via the "test" button, didn't have the chance to test it ingame yet)
if i press A for s short moment, action 1 performs, if i hold it for a moment, action 2 performs
if i keep holding A for the defined 1 second, no action performs in between, action 3 performs, but as soon as i release A action 2 is performed

is there a way i can bypass this behaviour?

the problem with the mouse is the following:
i do not want to assign all the skills i have to the gamepad, so i would like to use the right controller stick as mouse (trigger left and right are assigned as left and right mouse button)
the mouse settings are currently:
look/camera mode
emulation speed (both): 58

so, ingame, if i use the emulated mouse it is sometimes difficult to accurately press the skills i want - especially in stresful situations
if i set the emulation speed higher, the cursor becomes neerly incontrollable and very inaccurate (inaccurate in terms of pointing at a small skill icon ^^)
if the emulation speed is set at lower speeds, it is quite accurate to use, but very slow
even with emulation speed 58 it is quite a mixed outcome - if i gently push the stick, the cursor moves slow, if i push the stick to its maximum, the cursor becomes so fast that it is hard to hit the skill that i want to

are there any "hints" for configuring the sticks for a better feeling with the mouse emulation?

und auf deutsch weil ich mir mit dem vokabular in diesem fall schwer tue ;)
das problem ist dass die mausemulation recht unkontrollierbar ist - wie erwähtn, drücke ich den stick (ist der analog oder digital?) ein wenig, dann ist der cursor soweit kontrollierbar, wenn ich aber auf die schnelle von der skillbar am rechten bildschirmrand zu jener am linken bildschirmrand möchte und dabei einen bestimmten skill "anvisiere" und den stick voll drücke, dann ist der cursor so schnell dass ich keine chance habe auf anhieb den skill zu treffen den ich will

gibt es irgendwelche bekannten tricks/einstellungen wie man den stick so konfigurieren kann, dass die maus steuerung halbwegs vertraut wirkt bzw man ein besseres feeling für den cursor bekommt?

herzlichen dank :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Oh, I did something wrong. :oops: The Release Zones are adding up each other. This will fix it,

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.06.03
Name=(Pasted Profile (Untitled profile))
Set1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,1,RELEASE ZONE 0.49s,2,RELEASE ZONE 0.49s,HOLD ZONE 1.00s,3
I made this profile advanced tip, it should help you with your problem.
I would use the third possibility there. While I hold the right stick button, Xpadder should switch to Set2. And then I could select up to 8 spells with any direction of the right analog stick. There is also the possibility to use the left stick for that too.

Plinius

Post by Plinius »

thank you very much, this way it works flawless :D

thanks for the link, i had a try on that approach, but i think i'm rather "hotkeys + mouse" type, than having all buttons defined to diferent sets that i would have to toggle etc
i was always a bit clumsy when it came to remembering button-combos xD

thanks again for the help with the three command :)

and with the mouse emulation...i think i just gotta play around with it more and maybe i find a way to get a familiar feeling with it ^^

thanks again :)

Plinius

Post by Plinius »

oh and i have another question:

is it somehow possible assigning one key to these two functions: if held, it is my push 2 talk key (Alt Gr), if only pushed for a short moment, it switches to Set 2, and from Set 2 the same button again is "Alt Gr" when held, and selects set 1 if pushed for a short moment

is this possible?

thanks again :D

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

This is currently not completely possible. The Set Selection will trigger in every case if assigned.

Plinius

Post by Plinius »

good to know, thank you very much :)

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

This may be possible when Jonathan implements the "Slot machine" upgrade.

Plinius

Post by Plinius »

what does that mean "slot machine"?

and would it be possible to eg assign the left shoulder button for the following two functions:
if tapped shortly: spacebar (jump)
if held: push 2 talk

thank you very much :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

SlotMaschine topic
Or short: It's a plan for development, that will cause big changes in the advanced assignments system to fix bugs and to provide new features.

And yes, this assignment is possible. Just with tap and hold, you already know how that works.

Plinius

Post by Plinius »

ah thanks :)

i think i get the tap/hold zone mechanic...at first it was quite difficult for me to understand and use the logic behind setting those zones^^

thanks again :D

Return to “Other questions”