Now What

8e264e665d2d49df

Now What

Post by 8e264e665d2d49df »

I set up the profile , mapped everything, launched world of warcraft and then....Nothing - what I am missing that I need to do to get this to work?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Now What

Post by SGTCableDog »

You may need to run Xpadder as administrator to make it work with games that run with elevated privledges in Vista. Make sure to save everything then close Xpadder by right clicking the Xpadder icin in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close". Then right click the Xpadder.exe file in explorer and choose "Run as administrator..." Click through the dialogs, start the game and try it out. If this doesn't solve the problem please post back.

8e264e665d2d49df

Post by 8e264e665d2d49df »

Its now working is there a way to bind both mouse keys to a single button

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

To assign more than one key or mouse button to a button you must use the Advanced assignment window. Click the button you would like to make an assignment to. This will open the Assignment window that looks like a keyboard. In the bottom right of this window is a button labeld "Advanced..." Clicking this will open the Advanced assignment window. Now go back to the Assignment window and click the mouse buttons you want to add. When finished close the Assignment window, the Advanced window will close automaticly. You now have a button that will execute all assigned mouse buttons at the same time. You can explore additional features of the Advanced assignment window by clicking the help button in the lower right of the window.

b12db9f5a6dfff07

Post by b12db9f5a6dfff07 »

i still can't get it to work...please help! I followed the tutorials

PS - i have saitek PS2700 controller and I am trying to play GTA IV

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

b12db9f5a6dfff07 wrote:i still can't get it to work...please help! I followed the tutorials

PS - i have saitek PS2700 controller and I am trying to play GTA IV
How far have you got in the tutorials?

b12db9f5a6dfff07

Post by b12db9f5a6dfff07 »

i did up to tutorial 3

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Have you finished tutorial 3 and got a nice controller layout like in the screenshots or did you have a problem finishing it?

62e919ca

Post by 62e919ca »

hello,

I downloaded version 5.6, your tutorial screenshots don't even resemble what i am looking at so I have no idea what to do next. hell, first... Don't have a clue what to do first. its in the directory, installed it, went through the file associating prompts. Now looking at your tutorial and am stumped.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

When you run Xpadder does it show an animated magnifying glass? If so then that means there isn't a controller being recognized by Windows. You can verify this by clicking the animation to open Windows Game Controllers control panel applet. You will need to make sure your controller is connected and drivers are installed.

Return to “Other questions”