New Guild Wars profile help

dpwatkin

New Guild Wars profile help

Post by dpwatkin »

Hi all,

Just bought my wired xbox 360 controller and xpadder and trying to create a profile for Guild Wars just now.

Things are going well but I was wondering if anyone could help me with the skill bar part of the profile. For those of you who haven't played GWs there is a skill bar along the bottom of the screen with eight skills in it. What I am looking to do is use the left and right buttons above the triggers to cycle through the skills and the left trigger to activate. So when the right cycle button is pressed it goes to the first skill position and then on second press moves to the second skill etc and when the left cycle button is pressed it moves back one etc..

This will have to be done using mouse coordinates I suppose but not worked out how to do that yet. I also use the right analoge stick to move the mouse cursor in normal operation, not sure if that will affect things.

Any help greatly recieved,

Dave

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: New Guild Wars profile help

Post by Primal Fear »

It isn't possibly to place the mouse cursor on certain position with the current version of Xpadder. There is a suggestion for that in the "Suggestions and Voting" forum. You can vote for it, if you like, when you simply place a post there that you like it or something like that.

But I have a alternative for you, at least i think so.
I guess you can activate these skills also by pressing the keys 1-8. If that works, first take a look on this profile advance tip I made.
Simply assign to one button to switch to Set 2 while held and use on of these ways for the keys 1-8.

If you should have problems with that, feel free to ask.

dpwatkin

Post by dpwatkin »

Thanks for the help. I actually set that up last night and it worked quite well, only trouble is it takes up 5 buttons. I was thinking of assigning a skill to the A button of each set and using the trigger keys to scroll through the sets though, would that work?

Also need to make some way of highlighting which set/skill is currently selected so I don't activate the wrong skills each time.

Dave

dpwatkin

Post by dpwatkin »

Just worked out how to do the above myself! Making good progress now.

Now ran into another problem though, is it possible to have the right mouse button perminantly compressed, and only decompressed while a button is held? So for example, when right trigger is out right mouse button is down, When right trigger is pressed right mouse button releases.

Thanks

Dave

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

dpwatkin wrote:Also need to make some way of highlighting which set/skill is currently selected so I don't activate the wrong skills each time.
Xpadder cannot do this. But a Ingame GUI is also a suggestion.
dpwatkin wrote: Now ran into another problem though, is it possible to have the right mouse button perminantly compressed, and only decompressed while a button is held? So for example, when right trigger is out right mouse button is down, When right trigger is pressed right mouse button releases.
Also not possible.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

sorry I'm late..
Thats a cool idea with the skill toggle buttons. Would use up the sets but thats ok I guess if your controls are compact enough to clone across all the sets.

A while back I played with the idea of using a tap/hold to fire off alternate kill slots. That would only use up 4 buttons. (e.g. the directional pad or bumpers and triggers)

I haven't had the urge to play it for a while so I never finished that idea.

I'll come back and edit this when I get the chance to check my profiles.
So for example, when right trigger is out right mouse button is down, When right trigger is pressed right mouse button releases
interesting problem. are you struggling with GW's autorun or camera control?

I'm betting your trying to have a stick Automaticaly look by default. and then change the stick to do something else when you press a trigger? That would require a Set trick. not sure if that would be compatible with the skill cycling your talking about. Unless you can free up a slot for that.

I'll post some examples here when I get the chance.

Maybe we can meet in game and test some ideas ...and kill things... Character is Harmless Trouble

Return to “Other questions”