keyboard

newguy

keyboard

Post by newguy »

hi i like to use my xpadder with a xbox360 controller while surfing the internet. is there any way i can type with it.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: keyboard

Post by SGTCableDog »

You could create a profile with all the keys assigned with numerous sets or use a mobile style texting profile. I'll cut and paste this from the old newbie guide.

First create an eight way stick by clicking the Group Assignment icon in the lower right corner of a stick and choose "Eight-way"

Next the hard part- click on the “Up” button of the stick and open the Advanced Settings window. Press the [A] key on the Assignment on-screen keyboard then add a pause in the Advanced Settings window then back in the on-screen keyboard click [left shift] and [left arrow]. Now add a cycle stop from the Advanced Settings window. Continue this sequence for B, C, and 2. This will cause an “a” to be sent and then highlighted on the first up press of the stick, “b” on then next and so on. Use this procedure for D-E-F-3, G-H-I-4, J-K-L-5, M-N-O-6, P-Q-R-S-7, T-U-V-8, and W-X-Y-Z-9.

For completeness add [space], [1], and [0] to the upper left button of the stick. You’ll need to assign the “A” button with the [right arrow] key. This will move the cursor over to add more letters. Example: “me”=right; “A” button; upper right; upper right; “A” button. Note: as with all cyclic assignments the assignment will begin where it was last ended.

Hope this all makes sense. :shock:

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: keyboard

Post by Jonathan »

It's been a while since anyone asked about this. A keyboard typing system will be added to the feature X list for v5.7 so buyers can vote if they want it added. :D

Return to “Other questions”