Smooth Controller

cullyg4

Smooth Controller

Post by cullyg4 »

I am having a problem with Xpadder, I love it, but in all my games I have setup using Xpadder the analog stick for viewing, (mouse movement) I can't seem to get it to be smooth. It always seem blocky, like it is snapping a small grid and it very annoying. Anyway I have tried enabling smooth mouse in all my games but it still does not work very well. Any help will help stop the headaches. Thanks

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Smooth Controller

Post by Kloreep »

Well, first of all, Xpadder has three mouse modes: Look/Camera, Cursor, and Spring. I can't honestly remember the difference between the first two (so if anyone recalls, I'd be interested too :)) but you could try switching to whichever one you aren't using, see if that makes a difference. (Or, if you have it on Spring - there's your explanation! ;))

Otherwise, you could try lowering emulation speed, if the problem is that it's simply too sensitive to allow you to make small adjustments.

cullyg4

Post by cullyg4 »

Cool, I think that helped. I needed a bit more time to get used to this program but after about a day or two and several hours I have a rather good handle on it now. I had it set to look/camera and was getting a blocky or snappy cursor when I was playing most games, I switched it to spring and saw right away that that setting is NOT what I wanted (snaps mouse to center of screen after use) anyway I then put it to cursor and it seemed to be an improvement, maybe because I now have it set to cursor it reads the smooth mouse setting it my games? not sure but anyway it seems better not quite perfect but better. I needed it cause I was playing the original Half life with the 360 controller. I have to say this program was well worth the money cause now I can even use my 360 controller as my mouse for the desktop, I can't get multi button commands like CTRL/ALT?DEL to work but it works fine for watching or pausing movies and stuff like that. Thanks for the quick response.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Kloreep wrote:I can't honestly remember the difference between the first two (so if anyone recalls, I'd be interested too :))
"Look/Camera" has a direction filter and "Cursor" not (it will be automatically disabled). You can adjust this filter in the stick settings manually ("Diagonal Size").

Return to “Other questions”