Elder Scrolls III triggers

whoden

Elder Scrolls III triggers

Post by whoden »

I'm using an Xbox 360 wireless pad and the L & R triggers are both turning my character as well as performing the actions I set them to do. The reason for this, as far as I can tell, is that they only have axis settings and not regular button settings. Of course, I could just be missing some obvious little setting, which is usually the problem.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Elder Scrolls III triggers

Post by Primal Fear »

You didn't missed any setting, the problem with Morrowind (and also with Oblivion) is that you cannot select which axes will be used for what. So for the Xbox360pad the games decides to use the left stick for walking and the triggers for looking. The right stick wont be used at all.
You need to edit the Morrorwind.ini to change that.
If you write 0 in these values, the sticks should be disabled and you can use Xpadder instead of the native controller support.

whoden

Post by whoden »

I set the right stick to look around and I haven't had any problems with that. I guess I'll just try and ignore the triggers.
Do you think Skyrim's going to have the same wonky control set-up?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK, I have found and options to disable the native controller support of the game (I'm pretty sure there is no such setting in Oblivion).
You find it under Options->Controls, the entry is called "joystick enabled" (ore kindly). Simply switch it to "off".
whoden wrote:Do you think Skyrim's going to have the same wonky control set-up?
Since the 360pad is now reference, I would say it will definitely support the Xbox360pad without problems. Except it doesn't support controllers at all, but as it will also come for xbox360 this should be pretty unlikely. In this case Xpadder will be the solution.

whoden

Post by whoden »

I thought I'd already disabled the joystick. I guess not. Glad that worked, it would've sucked having two less buttons to use.

Return to “Other questions”