Controller recognized on both fronts - but doesn't... control.

conveyit

Controller recognized on both fronts - but doesn't... control.

Post by conveyit »

Win Vista 32 SP2. XBox 360 Wireless Play and Charge Controller. Downloaded Xpadder; driver; DirectX. Bought Wireless receiver for Windows. Saved "Profile." Computer & Xpadder recognize controller. Game: Sauerbraten.
I've read many helpful tips throughout the Xpadder Forum to get me to this point. :? However...
Is Xpadder compatible with Sauerbraten (Cube)? Am I missing an action that is GLARINGLY :shock: obvious?
Is the mouse (and touchpad!) to be disconnected, or turned off? I unplugged the mouse; to no avail. Is there a switch, within the game, that would prevent it from defaulting to the mouse? Mind the fact that the most I know about computers (other than using them) is: 10 "Hello" 20 GOTO 10.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Controller recognized on both fronts - but doesn't... control.

Post by Primal Fear »

I just have been downloaded this game and have tested it with Xpadder, without any problems.

Step1: Controller Layout

Step2: Profile
The assignments are only examples
The profile for the specific game has to be loaded while playing it.

Do you have that?

conveyit

Post by conveyit »

The game is either on or off. I don’t understand how to load a profile while I’m in the game. The mouse controls the game. At this point, I am unable t access Xpadder from the game. I’ll assume the game must be running in the background.
I removed the battery from the controller and pushed the Xbox button; hit the escape button and tried items in Sauerbraten’s menu... Is the profile loaded while the game is “minimized (which I don’t know how to do)?”
Reviewing your comments, I see an image of an Xbox controller. Should I see an Xbox controller image while adjusting the controller settings? I see a generic images of buttons; plus my background paint.
Danke schoen

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

First a little background. Xpadder does not interact in any way with the game, it simply send keypresses and mouse movements to Windows based on what you assign to the buttons and sticks on the controller.

You don't need an image of the controller but it may make things easier to associate with the physical controller. You can find an image for the 360 controller here. You add the image to the controller layout in the part of the Controller settings window. Just click the controller name and the top left of the main Xpadder window.

Once you've saved the layout Xpadder should look like the first image in Primals post. This process only needs to be done once for each controller type you might use.

After this is done you'll need to create a profile for the game. A profile is the file that contains all of the keyboard and mouse assignments for each of the buttons and sticks of the controller. You make these assignments by clicking on the button in the main Xpadder window (Primals first image). This will open the Assignment window, you can click on the on-screen keyboard or type a key on the keyboard. Also explore the "Advanced assignment" button on the bottom right to see additional assignment options. For common groups of assignments for the sticks and Dpad you can click on the small wrench in the bottom right corner of the stick and choose from the menu.

Once complete making assignments be sure to save the profile. If any thing is yellow in the main window it means there are unsaved changes. You should now have something that looks like the second image in Primals post.

Hope this gets you started. :)

Return to “Other questions”