Logitech Controller and Crysis 2

Greeny

Logitech Controller and Crysis 2

Post by Greeny »

Does anyone here have a profile for Crysis 2 using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro controller. I am a disabled Veteran who lost the use of my left hand so I need to use a controller that will allow all the mouse movements as well as buttons for the various functions. I have figured out most buttons but cannot get the movement of the controller to look left and right by twisting the stick left or right. Hope someone can figure me out a profile. Would be greatly appreciated.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Logitech Controller and Crysis 2

Post by Primal Fear »

What is actually the problem with assigning mouse movement to the twist via the Assignment window?
On the right side is the mouse area and the pointed arrows are the mouse movement. More than clicking on them and maybe adjusting the speed over the tool symbol there isn't to do.

I would also suggest to use the POV for the movement and the stick itself for aiming. The twist could be for reloading + something else. That's what I would try.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apart from Xpadder, maybe one of these programs is something for you. So a addition to Xpadder.
I didn't use them, so I cannot tell you which is better. But both have a trial version, so you can simply try them.
Voice Activated Commands for 18$ (Trial 30 days)
Say2Play 29,95$ (Trial 7 Days)

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

There is also a free alternative to those voice controlled apps called Shoot. Or you could try out FaceTrackNoIR which will translate head movements to look commands in some games (free as well).

Greeny

Post by Greeny »

I am sorry for coming across as totally inept at using XPadder for this. I have gotten everything figured out and working in the game with the exception of making the joystick turn in direction as if you were turning your head and your weapon. I have looked at the mouse area of XPadder and I cannot figure which arrows perform what function. Like I stated, I am totally lost in attempting to use the stick for the turning and aiming function. I have set the POV up to move forward and back as if you were using the WASD keys. If someone could try to set up a profile for me for the game, I can go in and change those buttons to where I feel comfortable with them. Thanks to those that have responded so far.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The four arrows in the center of the mouse in the on-screen keyboard in Primals post above are the scroll wheel directions. The four arrows surrounding the mouse represents the actual directions of the mouse.

Greeny

Post by Greeny »

Got it figured out and working, but need to speed up the response time more since it is used for aiming. Thanks for the help guys.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

In the bottom right of the control element used for the mouse you'll see a little wrench. Click on this wrench to bring up the assignment group menu. Choose the bottom option "Mouse settings..." to open the mouse settings window.

Adjust the emulation speed to your preference.

Return to “Other questions”