Rise Of Flight "Ctrl+I" Issue (solved)

pipolpoiro

Rise Of Flight "Ctrl+I" Issue (solved)

Post by pipolpoiro »

Hi,

I had the following issue with Rise Of Flight which made me think about another feature :

----------------------------
I bound a button to "Ctrl+I" (to hide/show instruments).
Unfortunately it is acting in game as key "I" alone.
If I keep this button pressed and tap "I" on the keyboard, it works.

I checked the in-game response :
Press Ctrl, Press I, De-press I, De-press Ctrl -> Acts as "Ctrl+I" in game (actually it has the desired effect as soon as the "I" key is de-pressed)
Press Ctrl, Press I, De-press Ctrl, De-press I -> Acts as "I" key in game

I have no workaround other than using 2 separate buttons to do that since this command cannot be re-bound in the game :(

P
Last edited by pipolpoiro on 14 Nov 2009, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Rise Of Flight "Ctrl+I" Issue

Post by Jonathan »

When you have an assignment such as Ctrl+I Xpadder will always simulate the pressing of the Ctrl key first before the I key. When you release the button Xpadder will simulate the release of the Ctrl key last to ensure that shifted assignment are handled correctly.

Usually when doing Ctrl+? combinations the action is performed when the non-Ctrl key is pressed. Try typing some text into Word for example and use Ctrl+A to select all and then Ctrl+B to Bolden. When the A or B key is first pressed that is when the action happens.

In your game it appears that the action happens when the non-Ctrl key is released (but only if the Ctrl key is still down). This is slightly different to normal. In theory this should still work but for some reason it does not.

Can you try the following experiments and we'll see if we can fix the problem:

1) Are there any other combinations in the game using Ctrl and do they perform their action when the non-Ctrl key is released? Or do they perform the action when the non-Ctrl key is pressed?
2) If you assign Ctrl to one gamepad button and "I" to another can you simulate the action? Your workaround sounds as if you can but I wanted to check
3) Try this assignment: [Release Zone:0.10s],Ctrl,I - This will simulate tapping Ctrl+I when the button is released instead of holding Ctrl+I while the button is held

pipolpoiro

Post by pipolpoiro »

Actually there is other combinations Ctrl+something that work in the game with xpadder.
I have to check the in game response for these commands.

More to come (later... sleeep).

pipolpoiro

Post by pipolpoiro »

Radiator open is Ctrl+"=", it begins working as soon as "=" is pressed (and has a continuous action while it is held pressed).
This one works well with the binding Ctrl+"="

It is different from the command Ctrl+"I", which acts only when "I" is released (Ctrl still held pressed).

Here is the sequence that works (finally) :
Ctrl,I,[Hold Zone:0.10s],Ctrl

I guess that at the hold zone it switches to Ctrl only, which is equivalent to Ctrl+I then release I.

Hurray !

Return to “Other questions”