Various Issues

coldshouldermedia

Various Issues

Post by coldshouldermedia »

After getting xpadder and experimenting with it a bit, I'm having some issues.

Whenever I use the start or back buttons, the controller stops responding. (Start is set to "Space" and back is set to "Shift + Control + T"

Also all windows seem to recognize left and right click, except for firefox, which ignores the xpadder output.

Another prominent problem, is that when I adjust my mouse speed it doesn't seem to change, even when I restart the program.

I hope there are fixes to all of these problems! Thanks!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Various Issues

Post by Primal Fear »

For all of these issues you're the first one with it, here in the forum. :?
coldshouldermedia wrote: Whenever I use the start or back buttons, the controller stops responding. (Start is set to "Space" and back is set to "Shift + Control + T"
My only explanation for that would be a known bug when using Distance Zone in a specific way that doesn't work. But actually there should be no Distance Zones used for such simple assignments and anyways on a button.

However, let me have a look on your profile. To post it here open the profile menu in Xpadder (the one on the right side), click on "Copy", then place code tags in a new forum post (by clicking on the Code button above) and paste the profile data between these tags.
coldshouldermedia wrote:Also all windows seem to recognize left and right click, except for firefox, which ignores the xpadder output.
I use Xpadder without any problems with Firefox. Do you run Firefox as administrator?
coldshouldermedia wrote: Another prominent problem, is that when I adjust my mouse speed it doesn't seem to change, even when I restart the program.
Maybe you change the mouse speed on the wrong place. Let's assume you have assigned the mouse movement to the right stick, then you have to change the mouse speed for all direction by clicking on the tool symbol near this stick and clicking on "Mouse Settings...".
If you click on a specific direction and then in the opening Assignment window on the tool symbol in the lower right edge of the mouse area on the right side, you will only change the speed of this specific direction.
Also, if you use more than one Set you need to configure the mouse speed (and also the stick settings) for every stick individually.

coldshouldermedia

Thanks primal, I like the Penumbra image.

I fixed the mouse speed, thanks!

Ran firefox as admin, but I'm having the same issue.

Something else is: unless I have the3 xpadder window selected, mouse emulation and clicking stops working. Should I run that as admin too?

Here's my profile, I started with one from some guys blog and kinda modified it. Is there a better base I should use?

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=Web Browsing
Set1TriggerDeadZones=26,26
Set1Stick2Mode=EightWay
Set2TriggerDeadZones=26,26
Set3TriggerDeadZones=26,26
Set4TriggerDeadZones=26,26
Set5TriggerDeadZones=26,26
Set6TriggerDeadZones=26,26
Set7TriggerDeadZones=26,26
Set8TriggerDeadZones=26,26
Set1Button1Slots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set1Button2Slots=Media Browser Refresh
Set1Button3Slots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Button4Slots=Media Browser Stop
Set1Button5Slots=Extra Mouse Button (4)
Set1Button6Slots=Extra Mouse Button (5)
Set1Button7Slots=Left Control,Left Shift,T
Set1Button8Slots=Space
Set1Button10Slots=Middle Mouse Button (3)
Set1DPadUpSlots=Media Volume Up
Set1DPadRightSlots=Media Play/Pause
Set1DPadDownSlots=Media Volume Down
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Media Volume Mute
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick1UpMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick1RightMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick1DownMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick1LeftMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Wheel Up
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Wheel Right
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Wheel Down
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Wheel Left
Set1Stick2UpRightSlots=Mouse Wheel Up
Set1Stick2DownRightSlots=Mouse Wheel Down
Set1Stick2DownLeftSlots=Mouse Wheel Down
Set1Stick2UpLeftSlots=Mouse Wheel Up

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I didn't mean to run Firefox s admin, I even think that it is a pretty dangerous idea to run a web browser as admin.
If a program, that you want to use with Xpadder, runs as admin, you have to run Xpadder as admin too. Otherwise Xpadder cannot send input to this program. I have posted here some Informations about this UAC-issue, including a way how to start Xpadder automatically with Windows, as admin and without getting this UAC-prompt.

As for the profile, there is no reason in it for Xpadder to crash. What happens when you load an empty profile (Profile menu->"New..."), and then press Start or Back?

coldshouldermedia

Alright I've been dicking around with xpadder, and I can't get it to interact with pretty much any of my programs, is there something I'm missing in the basics?

I was pumped to have this program, but it wont work correctly. Should I make a video illustration my issues?

Is there a good mouse emulation configuration I should try that might be a better place for me to start?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Return to “Other questions”