can not install images

stinkytaco

can not install images

Post by stinkytaco »

Tried copy and pasing the image, then the URL, then downloaded the PNG file, then converted PNG to bitmap.

Now WTF do i try?

Demo worked, but when i pay for it it does not?

Going to go and announce this on the steam forums so no one else make the mistake of buying this. :rightthumbdown: :rightthumbdown: :rightthumbdown:

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: can not install images

Post by SGTCableDog »

Do you get an error why trying to paste the image. I just tried copy the image of the 360 ODST controller with no problem. Which image are you trying to use?

poopone

Post by poopone »

Having this same problem, tried the same stuff as the OP. None of the images here work for me http://xpadder.com/gcdb.php?search=xbox ... Xbox%20360

when I use Copy Image -> Paste button, there is no error message, but it doesn't paste anything either.

When I try to open something I converted to bmp, it says "Invalid controller image detected, Click the Help button for supported image information."

And It won't let me open .png files at all. It will only let me browse .bmp, and it won't even let me switch to all files.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

What browser do you use?

poopone

Post by poopone »

Primal Fear wrote:What browser do you use?
Firefox

e: does ti matter? It seems like copying an image would be the same from any browser

e2: tried it with IE and it worked fine! thanks!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

poopone wrote:does ti matter? It seems like copying an image would be the same from any browser
No, at least it shouldn't. But my theory was that one browser is causing this problem.
However Firefox should work, I use it myself and I never had such problems.

Can you please try copy pasting a controller image once again with Firefox, I think that this could be a temporally problem with Xpadder. The reason for this is that I seemingly had the same problem just yet when i was trying to paste bitmap with only 256 colors from Paint. Simply closing the Controller settings window and opening it again fixed it.
poopone wrote:And It won't let me open .png files at all. It will only let me browse .bmp, and it won't even let me switch to all files.
This is normal, as Xpadder only supports bitmaps as long as you doesn't copy&paste the image.

Return to “Other questions”