Trouble Setting up a PS2 Controller with Xpadder

goblinite

Trouble Setting up a PS2 Controller with Xpadder

Post by goblinite »

I am attempting to use Xpadder with a PS2 Dualshock2 controller.
When I attempt to set up either of the sticks, Xpadder reports that it is not analog (analog mode is turned on) and that it should be set-up as a D pad, but does not detect them when I try that.

It also does not detect any of the buttons, triggers, or the standard D-pad.
I thought it was my controller, so I tried a different one, same results. I then tried a third party wireless control with the same results.
I have tested all three controllers in game controller setting and they work fine.
I am using Windows 7 Home 64-Bit and the controllers are set up as Twin USB Joystick.
I have tried 4 different versions of Xpadder with the same results.

Please help.

Thank you
Last edited by goblinite on 12 Jun 2012, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Trouple Setting up a PS2 Controller with Xpadder

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the controller menu (left side of the main window) and click on "Properties....". This window shows the raw data of your controller.

What is stated on the left side under "Xbox 360 compatible"? There should be "No" and there area in the lower right should be completely plain.

If not, open the Xpadder settings (tool symbol in th upper right edge of the main window and disable "Use Xinput" under "Options".

If yes, do any axes move (under "Direct Input") when you move the sticks and does the "Buttons" bar react when you press any button?

goblinite

Re: Trouble Setting up a PS2 Controller with Xpadder

Post by goblinite »

XBox 360 compatibility is listed as "No"
Use Xinput is disbaled
Non of the bars under direct input move nor does it show any reactions to the buttons with Xinput enabled or disabled.

Thanks

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Trouble Setting up a PS2 Controller with Xpadder

Post by Primal Fear »

Came your adapter with any drivers? If not try it with installing Motioninjoy.

Return to “Other questions”