I get double taps on POV. How do I make it just one.

robert.wahlin

I get double taps on POV. How do I make it just one.

Post by robert.wahlin »

I've tried, I think, everything in xpadders configuration. But I still get double presses when emulating keyboard arrows with dpad when using a ps2 controller with rockfire usb. Anyone have any idea? Peace!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: I get double taps on POV. How do I make it just one.

Post by Jonathan »

Try typing a lot of junk into one line in Notepad, set the cursor to the start of the line and see what happens when Xpadder emulates the arrow right. Does it only move once, twice or constantly?

robert.wahlin

Post by robert.wahlin »

Thanks. I solved it last night though. The game had joypad support, albeit crappy and only registered the POV. I had the dpad set to emulate arrows. So the game read both HID and keyboard.

sbarrett00

Post by sbarrett00 »

I'm actually having a similar problem creating a profile for The Secret World on my xbox controller.

If I map WASD to the left analog it works fine except that double tapping in any direction performs the dodge action. Also just holding the analog stick in any direction often ends up becoming a double tap. I suspect this might be related to how the analog stick is configured. Here are my thoughts:

1. The left analog stick is currently set to "Standard" which might cause the stick to see multiple taps if I'm pushing it in a diagonal direction. I might try adjusting the Diagonal size to see if that might address it.
2. I've thought about trying hold/release options so that if I release it really quick it performs a double tap but if I hold it for longer it only does one.

If anyone has any thoughts on how I might be able to refine this I would appreciate it.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

As the reason here is completely different I will move your post and the following ones in new topic after your next respond.

To topic:
I currently have exactly the same problem with Risen 2 (and had it with the first part too), where a double tap let perform the player character a roll. My theory was that this occurs when I shake a little bit when leaving the Deadzone (once out, back in and back out), as it usually occurs in stressful situations. I think a Release Zone that contains a key press of an half second should make it much better (if not fix it) in that case, but it didn't help a bit.

I like your first idea, it would assume that Xpadder has really a small delay when nothing is pressed if switching between a diagonal and a straight area. It could be tested by changing the stick mode to 4-way, I will try that directly. :keen:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I think I have a solution. The problem is really my theory, I only have to ensure that the direction key is always at least 0.30s pressed. Before I only tried it with maximum 0.20s, which was why it didn't help before.

I have here a solution for you, that also allows charging when moving the stick within 0.15s (so fast :shifty: ) completely to the end an back. But of course this is also a possibility to trigger that action incidentally.
Also, I have planed that you can walk by holding Shift (it's actually remnant of my Risen 2 profile). If you don't need that, you can remove the first three slots of each assignment of the straight stick directions.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Set1Stick1Mode=EightWay
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Right Shift,W,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,W,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 0.30s,W,DISTANCE ZONE 100%,TAP TIME 0.02s,PAUSE 0.02s,W,RELEASE ZONE 0.15s,TAP TIME 0.15s,W,DISTANCE ZONE 100%,W,RELEASE ZONE 0.15s
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Right Shift,D,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,D,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 0.30s,D,DISTANCE ZONE 100%,TAP TIME 0.02s,PAUSE 0.02s,D,RELEASE ZONE 0.15s,TAP TIME 0.15s,D,DISTANCE ZONE 100%,D,RELEASE ZONE 0.15s
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Right Shift,S,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,S,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 0.30s,S,DISTANCE ZONE 100%,TAP TIME 0.02s,PAUSE 0.02s,S,RELEASE ZONE 0.15s,TAP TIME 0.15s,S,DISTANCE ZONE 100%,S,RELEASE ZONE 0.15s
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Right Shift,A,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 0.30s,A,DISTANCE ZONE 100%,TAP TIME 0.02s,PAUSE 0.02s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.15s,TAP TIME 0.15s,A,DISTANCE ZONE 100%,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.15s
Set1Stick1UpRightSlots=Left Shift,W,D,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,W,D
Set1Stick1DownRightSlots=Left Shift,S,D,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,S,D
Set1Stick1DownLeftSlots=Left Shift,S,A,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,S,A
Set1Stick1UpLeftSlots=Left Shift,W,A,DISTANCE ZONE 40%,W,A
To implement that into your existing profile:
1.Copy&paste my profile into a text editor
2.Change the mode of the left stick in your profile to Eight-Way and clear all assignments for it's directions
3.Copy&paste your profile under my example into the text editor window, copy everything and paste it into Xpadder

kalroy

Post by kalroy »

Check under the interface settings in the game, there is a checkbox that you can undo that will fix this behavior. It disables the double tap dodge and you can set up your keys to use the keybound dodge.

Kal

Return to “Other questions”