Xpadder and TrackIR 5

irishboi2000

Xpadder and TrackIR 5

Post by irishboi2000 »

I am looking to buy a TrackIR 5, and I am wondering if it will be programmable with Xpadder? I did a search on the forum here and I didn't see that anyone else had asked about it- so I thought it might be good to ask the question.

Not all games are "enhanced" for the TrackIR system natively, so being able to use Xpadder to work with TrackIR 5 to change the view in non-enhanced games would add much more use to the system.

Thanks.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder and TrackIR 5

Post by Primal Fear »

After searching a bit in their forums I found a thread where one of their mods wrote this:
NaturalPoint - Seth wrote:I believe that joystick and mouse emulation are toward the top of the list of features we'd like to integrate in this new software. Keyboard mapping is a possibility as well.
The joystick emulation would be necessary to be compatible with Xpadder and I think if they would have implemented this feature by now, they would advertise it in some way. As this post is already from 2009, I wouldn't give much hope that ever will be implemented. Especially with the look on the last Newsletter activity from 2009 it seems that there isn't any active development for this anymore.

irishboi2000

Post by irishboi2000 »

Well, I also found this on their site, "Free Third Party Utilities" are located at the bottom:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/04- ... ities.html
So it looks like I'll have to use the Trackmapper software instead. :(

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

PPjoy seems like a solution. But it's not really comfortable to use and you if you a 64-bit Windows, you need to run Windows in test mode. I can help you with the installation, if you like to try it.

Return to “Other questions”