Using the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel with racing games

justicedude

Using the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel with racing games

Post by justicedude »

Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out how to properly configure my new Speed Wheel for racing games. I know how to assign buttons on a regular pad, but I'm trying to figure out how to fix the large steering deadzone this controller has when used on a PC (it's not a problem on XBox). I can't just assign left and right to the tilt axix, because then there won't be any sensitivity, just full on or off turning.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Using the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel with racing games

Post by Primal Fear »

"Good" racing games, that also support normal (Dinput) racing wheels, and not only the Xbox360pad, should allow to adjust the Deadzone individually for every controller. In a racing game that only support the Xbox360pad (or other Xinput controller) you'll definitely have a large DeadZone as it is necessary for the inaccurately centering sticks of the Xbox360pad. None of these games have planed in that there would be a wheel that acts like an Xbox360pad sometimes.

Try this tool with these games, it has a setting called AntiDeadZone under Advanced.

justicedude

Post by justicedude »

EDIT: A couple of the more casual games I like don't have that deadzone option, though after checking for it I got Dirt 3 working fine.

I tried using that x360ce program the other day but couldn't get it to work. I'm not sure if I was using it right, but I put the .ini and .dll files it generated into my game folder and still had no smaller deadzone.

Thanks, though.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

And you are sure that you have changed this AntiDeadZone setting with the Application (that you btw can but not need to place in the game folder too)?

It's important that the .dll's and the .ini are in the same folder as the .exe of the game, sometimes the .exe is not in the main folder. You can test if it is working at all, by configuring something unusual, like replacing the steering axis with the Dpad.

justicedude

Post by justicedude »

Yeah I'm quite sure I changed the antideadzone settings and pressed "Save." No dice.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

"Pass through" in the upper right hand of the Advanced tab is disabled? If you load the preset "Controller (Xbox 360 wireless receiver for Windows)" then it activates this setting automatically, but that means that it will pass through the input of this controller without any changes.

justicedude

Post by justicedude »

That finally worked! Thanks, man. It's super nice of you to give advice for a completely different program on the xpadder forums :D

Return to “Other questions”