totally confused

ssipunk1313

totally confused

Post by ssipunk1313 »

i have no idea how to use this xpadder program. I went to the image for my controller (xbox360) and it says to right click and copy. I did that. Then it says to paste to the xpadder but i have no idea where that is. Can someone please help me figure this out? The answer may be in the forum somewhere but i don't know what to ask.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: totally confused

Post by Primal Fear »

If you scroll in the sub forum Xpadder Help and Walkthroughs you'll find all the manual. You are currently creating your controller layout (note the hide box "step by step instructions" at then end of this post).

ssipunk1313

Post by ssipunk1313 »

Thank you for the reply. I looked at the hide box "step by step instructions" and I just don't know where to find that menu that is first pictured in the instructions. I have a "xpadder" icon in my toolbar but when I open it I get a window with a little moving thing that looks like a magnifying glass or something, and next to that is a little controller icon. It also has a little wrench icon and help icon on the right of the box. Right or left clicking the controller icon opens a window labeled "Game Controller" but this box is empty. Is there any way you can help me or am I too lost?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder cannot find your controller.

If it is wireless, do you have a wireless receiver? A Play and Charge won't work for connecting the controller.

Press Windows Key+R, type control printers and press Enter. Is the Xbox360pad listed in the opening window (either as "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" or only as "Controller")?

ssipunk1313

Post by ssipunk1313 »

OK. I typed in "control printers" and it is listed under Unspecified Device. It is listed as a -Xbox 360 wireless controller via play & charge kit. I am guessing that I need a wireless reciever and I hear those are hard to find. Well, at least I am not totally confused anymore. Thank you much for the help. If you got any advice I will check back in a while. Hope your day is good.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, Microsoft doesn't seem sell the wireless receiver separately anymore. But you can possibly get it from Ebay or the Amazon Marketplace.
The only alternative would be buying a Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows.

Return to “Other questions”