Again the ( xbox 360 gamepad / XPadder ) problem ... ( no wireless )

dennis-albrecht

Again the ( xbox 360 gamepad / XPadder ) problem ... ( no wireless )

Post by dennis-albrecht »

If i start my xpadder its seaching endless my xbox 360 gamepad ( no wireless )

Drivers: Check
Software: Check

in devices and printers i can see my Gamepad.

What can i do ? :-/

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Again the ( xbox 360 gamepad / XPadder ) problem ... ( no wireless )

Post by Primal Fear »

In Devices and Printers double click the entry for the controller, select the tab "Hardware" and check if under "Device Functions:" are three entries.

If one of them (namely "HID compilant Game Controller") should be missing, double click the entry "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows", select the Tab "Driver" and click on the button "Uninstall", activate "delete driver software" and click on OK.
Now make sure that your PC can access the Internet so Windows can check online for new drivers and reconnect your controller or restart your PC if Windows has been asking for that.

If all three entries are there, open the for folder where you have placed the Xadder.exe. If you find a file called Dinput8.dll in there, remove it from the folder.

dennis-albrecht

Post by dennis-albrecht »

everything is gray except for driver details

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK, seems like under Devices and Printers everything works only around many corners. I usually explain these steps in the device manager, where it's directly possible to uninstall drivers over a right click but on the other hand it can be way more complicated to identify the correct entries for the Xbox360pad.

After double clicking "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" you need to click on the button "Change Settings" (or similar) in the lower left. Now you may have to login into an Administrator Account (if you shouldn't use one already), the Properties window will close and open again and then you can now click on "Uninstall" in the "Hardware" tab.

Return to “Other questions”