Using an Xbox 360 controller keypad with Xpadder?

matthewstewarttaylor

Using an Xbox 360 controller keypad with Xpadder?

Post by matthewstewarttaylor »

I'm playing Star wars: The Old Republic with Xpadder (which is working beautifully) and I'm wondering if I can use the keypad attachment for typing? Firstly, is this something that the program will recognize? Secondly, if it does, would I have to program each individual key?

Thanks very much for any help!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Using an Xbox 360 controller keypad with Xpadder?

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder doesn't support the chatpad.

However there is a unoficial driver for the chatpad available. I's main flaws are that it currently only works for the wired controller, that it has still alpha status and that the driver isn't signed so it's rather complicated to install. You shouldn't use use it, if you are not familiar with the Windows Device Manager.

matthewstewarttaylor

Post by matthewstewarttaylor »

Thanks very much. I didn't think it would be supported, but I thought I would check. I'll keep an eye on that project, though.

ravermeister

Post by ravermeister »

hmm last edit on this project was Jan 2011
I hope it isn't already dead....
maybe the creator of xpadder could ask for the Code and eventually can integrate it into xpadder.
I even would donate some money for this :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The didn't released anything for a long time, but on the other hand they have posted in the issues setion not a long tome ago that they be working on the project. :?

Specta3

Post by Specta3 »

was just looking at this as well , with any luck they will update the install process.
Would be great if Jonathan could look at this code and any way to improve it
If you could mix the chat pad and xpadder together it would be a great product and a ,money maker i think

syscrash

Post by syscrash »

Just figured I would update this post. I found a wireless driver for Windows that enables the chatpad on your controller.

The website is at http://thepocketofresistance.wordpress.com/

I'm not sure how compatible that is with xpadder as I'm trying to figure that out now.

By the way I utilize Windows 8 and it works well. I just need to configure as I want to use the device for GTA IV for the police mod http://www.lcpdfr.com/

Return to “Other questions”