Using Xbox 360 controller with Chatpad!

joeybowbowie

Using Xbox 360 controller with Chatpad!

Post by joeybowbowie »

Hey im playing SWTOR and was wondering if I purchase the official xbox chatpad, will the xpadder recognize it and will I be able to set it like a regular kepyboard?
thanks

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Using Xbox 360 controller with Chatpad!

Post by Terra Branford »

joeybowbowie wrote:Hey im playing SWTOR and was wondering if I purchase the official xbox chatpad, will the xpadder recognize it and will I be able to set it like a regular kepyboard?
thanks
I'm afraid not. There is a fan-made "tool" out there, that's supposed to let you use it... but it only works on the Wired 360 controllers, and I don't know how it works.

Someone likely still remembers the link to the project, but I don't have it bookmarked anymore.

joeybowbowie

Post by joeybowbowie »

Ahh that sucks, I assumed it would respond to the buttons pressed on the chat pad aswell..
Nevermind!

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

joeybowbowie wrote:Ahh that sucks, I assumed it would respond to the buttons pressed on the chat pad aswell..
Nevermind!
I did a little bit of searching... and this is the original topic discussing it:
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php ... ead#unread

Unfortunately, unless I'm reading it incorrectly (which is possible, since I'm half asleep right now), it seem that you can't use ~gamepad mode~ and have the chatpad working at the same time... so you're basically having to switch joypad modes, to get both functions... and while the chatpad behaves like a standard keyboard, you can't remap any of it's keys for use in Xpadder.

You might want to read over the thread yourself, to make sure I didn't misunderstand what was being said... but it looks like, if you wanted to just use the chatpad as a keyboard... you "can"... but the drivers make everything a pain in the neck... and still only works on the Wired 360 controllers.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Here someone posted a link to a new third party driver for the wireless controller. But there the controller part isn't working completely yet. Also you seem to lose the Xinput compatibility, which means the compatibility to the most modern games.

Return to “Other questions”