Can Xpadder play a sound when an assignment is triggered?

Darkitow

Can Xpadder play a sound when an assignment is triggered?

Post by Darkitow »

Hi there! I come here with a little issue that I think it should be possible with Xpadder, but I'm not entirely sure of how to implement it since it might require involving batch files, or shortcuts or something else that I'm not aware of. So let's take a look at it and see if anybody can help me. Basically I got this assignment:

Code: Select all

HOLD ZONE 0.60s,C,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,B,RELEASE ZONE 0.60s
Which means that it's a button that, if tapped, triggers a key, if held and released after a short time (0.3s) triggers another key, and if held for over 0.6s it triggers a third key instead. Now, this works as intended on paper, but the middle assignment is somewhat problematic since it depends on me guessing that I've held the button for the correct amount of time, which might be a bit tricky since it's just 0.30s. I can do it fine testing it in the text editor, but in the game I'd use it more as a reflex and probably miss the timing a lot. I know a solution would be simply to increase the times required to trigger each of the assignments so is easier to guess, but I'd rather be able to keep them as short as possible since the last assignment is also important and I don't want to take that long to reach it.

So, I though that the ideal situation would be that there was some sort of visual or sound sign that told me when I reach the middle button, maybe using any of the game sounds themselves. Would it be possible to make Xpadder play a sound file everytime it reaches the second assignment, and another when it reaches the last?

Thanks for your attention. :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can Xpadder play a sound when an assignment is triggered?

Post by Primal Fear »

No, Xpadder cannot play any sound.
Here a user explains how to do that with AutoIT.

I also found this small program "Soundcut" that could do that. It was developed by a german university, so probably by some student. The official download isn't available anymore but I have it here. But strangely it didn't work anymore when I tried it the last time. :?
There would be a alternative without such a nice interface that come with a lot crap sounds that are meant to be funny :roll:. But I never tried to use it.
GIGA F-Tasten, I guess you find the Download button yourself you don't need to type anything into the text boxes above it. In the program itself you can select English.

Darkitow

Post by Darkitow »

[EDIT 2] Ok, AutoIt will be, since it seems to work well when the key is pressed multiple times in a quick succession. I got to check the documentation to see why the code provided in your link wasn't working, but fortunately it was just a missing library to recognize the key pressing function, I posted the fix already in that thread. Now the only think I need is to find a nice sound file that goes well with the game and modify the code slightly so it uses that instead of system beeps, but it seems easy to do.

Thank you very much for the help! I guess we can consider the issue solved as well, although I'll post some feedback later when I get it running. Cheers! :)

Darkitow

Post by Darkitow »

Alright, got it running and tried to test it in the game. To do that, I added a "ctrl + alt + shift + 1" command to the set selectors in set 1... And it works half the time. Apparently sometimes the set selector triggers too fast (since it uses the turbo function), so I'm not really sure about how to make it work 100% of the times. Any suggestions?

Return to “Other questions”